Alpaca Silk DK Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Alpaca Silk DK Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Alpaca Silk DK Yarn is simply stunning. Everything is better when it's pure perfection. Alpaca Silk is a lightweight yarn made with 50% baby alpaca and 50% mulberry silk, which is the perfect combination for yarn. When I first got my hands on a skein I literally said "oh my gosh, this is so soft!" The shimmering glow from the silk adds just the right amount of visual appeal, and the texture is just glorious - that's all that needs to be said.
Each skein is hand-dyed in bright, radiant colors in fabulous shades of purples, blues, greens and many more. You can choose from solids or variegated yarns, depending on what look you're going for. With such vibrant colors and the silky, soft texture, you can knit or crochet anything from scarves, shawls, cowls, sweaters, hats, gloves, garments and pretty much anything that can sit closely against your body. Trust me; you'll want to slather yourself in this yarn.
Because Alpaca Silk is a 4-ply yarn, it'll last for many years to come. The weight of the yarn allows it to be versatile and can be worked into many beautiful pieces. The second you lay your eyes on this yarn you will never want to put it down; there's no problem crocheting with this for all your projects from here on out. To keep your projects intact and in the best shape, be sure you hand-wash them and lay them flat to dry. You'll never want to worry about the outcome after a wash, so play it safe.
Alpaca Silk DK truly is a piece of Heaven with its shimmering, soft texture. You won't be disappointed, not even the slightest.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Fairy Tales Baby Blanket is just what a little girl dreams her blanket should be. Full of bright colors and whimsical stitches,… Continue reading: "Fairy Tales Baby Blanketvideocam"
- Chance to win Cotton Fair Yarn!
- Enter to Win the Cozy Heartland Yarn Bundle!
- Enter to win a set of Furls Crochet Candy Shop Hooks!
- Red Heart Shimmer Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn!
- Chance to win Premier Sweet Roll Yarn!
- Enter to win a Crochet Hook Set from Ergo Hooks!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Furls Whims Merino Yarn!
- Cutie Pie Yarn
- Chance to win Fair Isle Nantucket Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Life Is Sweet Watermelon
- Woodland Animals Baby Blanket
- Diagonal Chevrons 12" Afghan Square
- Diagonal Chevron Lapghan
- Traveling Afghan Crochet Square #15
- Triple Textures Afghan
- Bee Honeycomb
- C2c Opossum
- Cute Teddy Bear
- Braided Cables Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions