We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Publisher: Krause Publications
Book reviewed by Julia Litz, Editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Break out of the box with this fantastic crochet book. Interlocking Crochet by Tanis Galik provides 80 patterns as well as guides to various crochet techniques. This book is divided into three sections: interlocking basics, single designs (same design on both sides) and double designs (different designs on each side), and projects. Galik has also included all pattern corrections inside the front cover of the book.
Interlocking crochet is also known as double filet, intermeshing and interweave. You can make everything from homemade scarves to afghans to ponchos using this technique.
If a new technique seems like an intimidating task, don't worry! This book features step-by-step instructions as well as color photos that are clearly labeled. There are also notes on many of the patterns to clarify the steps and add insights. Galik provides personal pattern tips on some of the patterns that explain her own experiences. She also provides plenty of helpful hints along the way!
In Interlocking Crochet, you'll find patterns for ponchos, purses and scarves. The afghan patterns in this book include the Pink and White Blocks Baby Blanket (p. 106), Happy Colors Baby Blanket (p. 109), Panel-By-Panel Afghan (p. 112) and A Dream In Cream and Green Afghan (p. 118). Each one is intricate and pretty but so unique.
Galik, who has been crocheting for almost 50 years, is truly an expert on interlocking crochet. Her writing style is easy to follow and understand. Step outside the box and create crochet projects you can be proud of.
Read NextCrochet Stitch Guide
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- Crochet Stitch Guide
- Win the Beginner Crochet Book Set!
- 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects
- The Best of Mary Maxim Ripple Afghans
- Learn to Crochet Ripple Afghans
- Shaped Afghans
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- Filet Afghans
- Treasury of Holiday Crochet Review
- The Crocheter's Design Companion
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern With Variegated Yarn
- Leaning Puff Blanket Square
- Hopeful Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Simple Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Soft Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Simple Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Fast Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy Waves Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Quality Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Basic Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions