We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Publisher: Krause Publications
Book reviewed by Julia Litz, Editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Break out of the box with this fantastic crochet book. Interlocking Crochet by Tanis Galik provides 80 patterns as well as guides to various crochet techniques. This book is divided into three sections: interlocking basics, single designs (same design on both sides) and double designs (different designs on each side), and projects. Galik has also included all pattern corrections inside the front cover of the book.
Interlocking crochet is also known as double filet, intermeshing and interweave. You can make everything from homemade scarves to afghans to ponchos using this technique.
If a new technique seems like an intimidating task, don't worry! This book features step-by-step instructions as well as color photos that are clearly labeled. There are also notes on many of the patterns to clarify the steps and add insights. Galik provides personal pattern tips on some of the patterns that explain her own experiences. She also provides plenty of helpful hints along the way!
In Interlocking Crochet, you'll find patterns for ponchos, purses and scarves. The afghan patterns in this book include the Pink and White Blocks Baby Blanket (p. 106), Happy Colors Baby Blanket (p. 109), Panel-By-Panel Afghan (p. 112) and A Dream In Cream and Green Afghan (p. 118). Each one is intricate and pretty but so unique.
Galik, who has been crocheting for almost 50 years, is truly an expert on interlocking crochet. Her writing style is easy to follow and understand. Step outside the box and create crochet projects you can be proud of.
Read Next101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Many children enjoy having security blankets to keep close to them at all times. This So Soft One Skein Security Blanket is probably… Continue reading: "So Soft One Skein Security Blanket"
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- The Best of Mary Maxim Ripple Afghans
- Enter to Win the Cozy Afghan Collection!
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- Big Book of Crochet Afghans
- 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet Book
- Blue Ribbon Afghans from Americas State Fairs: 40 Prize-Winning Crocheted Designs
- The Best of Mary Maxim Baby Afghans
- Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With A Vintage Vibe
- Win the Beginner Crochet Book Set!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions