Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Cranberry Basketweave Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Say hello to the Cranberry Basketweave Throw. When it comes to keeping cozy this autumn and winter, this basketweave pattern will definitely do the trick. Using chunky yarn, you'll learn how to crochet a blanket full of texture and rich in color.
Whether you're snuggling up with a book by the fire, or settling in to watch an episode of your favorite TV show, this crochet afghan will keep you nice and warm. It's a simple pattern that can work with just about any decor style, too.
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge: 9 dc and 6 rows = 6" [15 cm] in Basketweave Pat.
Finished SizeApprox 48" x 60" [122 x 152.5 cm]
- Bernat Blanket Yarn, Cranberry (86705) 8 (5.3 oz/150 g) balls
- M/13 (9 mm) Crochet Hook
Looking for more basketweave? Whatever you decide to crochet, you'll love the way these patterns turn out: 21 Crochet Basketweave Afghan Patterns
Basketweave Pattern (multiple of 10 + 3 for foundation row).
Foundation row: (RS). 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 dc in each ch to end of chain. Turn.
1st row: Ch 2 (counts as dc here and throughout). *1 dcbp around each of next 5 sts. 1 dcfp around each of next 5 sts. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in last st. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 2. *1 dcbp around each of next 5 sts. 1 dcfp around each of next 5 sts rep from * to last st. 1 dc in last st. Turn.
3rd and 4th rows: Rep 1st and 2nd rows.
5th row: (WS). Rep 2nd row.
6th and 7th rows: Rep 1st and 2nd rows.
8th row: Rep 1st row.
Rep 1st to 8th rows for Basketweave Pat until Afghan from begt measures approx 60"
[152.5 cm], ending on 4th or 8th row of pat.
Do not turn at end of last row.
With RS facing, work sc evenly around, having 2 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
- (SPECIAL) Dcbp
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at back of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice
- (SPECIAL) Dcfp
- Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at front of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice
For the best crochet gift ideas, take a look at The Crocheter's Gift Guide free eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 05, 2018
This afghan is gorgeous. I have not crocheted in the basketweave technique since a couple of years but seeing this project makes me want to try it again.
devilsdaughter62 4 157417
Oct 13, 2017
Att Kaitlin This is the 3rd time, I am trying to get any response. I do konw where the save button is suppose to be, but it is not there. I must actually email the pattern to myself if I want to save it. Or I mwust go to other websites if I want to save a pattern. Can I plese get some feedback. Thank you very much
Oct 13, 2017
Hi devilsdaughter62 4 157417, Please contact us directly at email@example.com. Be sure to mention that you do not see the save button and include a screenshot if possible so that we can best assist you. Thanks! --Kaitlin, AFCAP Editor
Oct 12, 2017
Please Help. I can't find anyway to leave a general comment, so I'm doing it here The "save pattern" button is no longer available on any of the patterns I look at! What happened? How do I save them to my folders???
Oct 12, 2017
Hi Beddae, The location of the button has moved. The save button is now located next to the row of social media buttons below the content, above the You May Also Like section. It is a grey plus button. I hope that helps! --Kaitlin, AFCAP Editor
Sep 11, 2017
This is the basic basketweave pattern and I love the Cranberry color. I think the basketweave makes a warm blanket, and this one is done in a Super Bulky yarn which will make it extra warm! I haven't made one using super bulky yarn yet, but I will. I'm thinking using the bulky yarn and larger hook will make this one go faster. So looking forward to making this one . Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet pattern.
Jun 23, 2017
This looks like a super cozy throw to cuddle under by the fire. I might have to try this one!
Aug 25, 2016
Love the cranberry color. It suits the stitch and the chunky yarn used. Both color and stitch used deserve a five rating which is perfect for the coming cold months. Thanks for the free pattern which is clearly presented right on this page.
akila122566 542327 8
Oct 30, 2015
This pattern worked up quickly and easily. I finished it after 4 days and I'm pleased with the how this blanket came out. I used a variegated yarn and added a border for contrast. This will be a Christmas gift for my mother.
Oct 23, 2014
Reading this, the rows are ALL the same, so shouldn't it read, after Row 1, to repeat row 1 through the whole thing? I'm confused. I would REALLY like to try this pattern, but you're just repeating the first row, and I can't see how it will change the pattern. Looks like it'll be one LONG set of BPDC's...
Oct 21, 2014
Reading the pattern, row one and two are exactly the same. I'm thinking row two should start with dcfp's?
Jun 07, 2016
Both rows are the same. I have looked at other basketweave patterns and they reverse the rows. I'm not trying to argue but it's wrong like it is.
Nov 21, 2018
Yes, row 2 has to be reversed otherwise its not a basket weave.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Blueberry Mornings Crochet Set
- Thick Twist Basketweave Afghan
- Chunky Basketweave Crochet Blanket
- Blue Basket Weave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Ombre Basket Weave Square
- Ivory Basket Weave Baby Blanket
- Basketweave Afghan
- Cranberry Basketweave Throw
- Neutral Basket Weave Crochet Baby Blanket
- 21 Crochet Basketweave Afghan Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions