Crosshatch Stitch Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This simple stitch pattern creates a delightful chevron without complicated decreases. Carry the unworked yarn up the side and then cover with a border to minimize the number of yarn tails you need to weave in. This beautiful unisex blanket makes a perfect gift for a baby shower or as a donation to your favorite children’s charity. This pattern is part of my monthly charity spotlight series, where I highlight a charity that accepts crochet and other handmade donations and share a crochet pattern designed with that charity in mind. This month’s featured charities are the organizations spotlighted through the Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation. I’ve also included a complete video tutorial to walk you through the pattern, step-by-step. Finished Size Baby Blanket: 31” (79 cm) wide x 32.5” (82.5 cm) height. Materials Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Baby (Solid) yarn (100% acrylic, 4 oz/113 g/308 yd/282 m) – 2 skeins ea in 101-11 Fog Gray (CA) and 101-06 Green (CC), or approximately 410 yd (375 m) in ea of two colors in any light weight yarn. Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Baby (Multi) yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/250 yd/273 m) – 2 skeins in 102-05 Frosty (CB), or approximately 385 yd (352 m) in any light weight yarn. US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle. Gauge 4 sets of (ch-3 sp + 3 dc) x 8 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Baby’s First Christmas Blanket – A Free Crochet Pattern
- Modern Heirloom Blanket
- Origami Blanket
- Harlequin Blanket
- Borealis Blanket
- Little Larksfoot Rainbow Blanket
- Big Larksfoot Rainbow Blanket
- Mock Granny Stripe Blanket
- Marshmallow Blanket
- Crystal Waves Gingham Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions