- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Tunisian Honeycomb Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
The Tunisian Honeycomb Blanket is a cozy pattern perfect for those looking for an introduction to Tunisian crochet. You can quickly learn the basic skills needed for this fun design. The teal and sand colors are reminiscent of a lazy day spent at the beach. As you work on this pattern, you can picture the ocean breeze blowing through your hair while you watch the sun set over the water.
This comprehensive Tunisian crochet blanket pattern includes a visual stitch guide, so beginners will be able to learn a new stitch with ease. Learn why Tunisian crochet is so much fun with this beautiful free afghan.
Crochet HookL/11 or 8 mm hook, M/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge9 sts and 8 rows = 4" (10 cm) with larger Tunisian hook in pat.
7 sc and 8 rows = 4" (10 cm) with smaller hook.
Finished SizeApprox 50" x 60" [127 x 152.5 cm]
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m) - Contrast A Teal Dreams (10736) 6 balls or 1310 yds/1197 m, Contrast B Sand (10014) 1 ball or 146 yds/134 m
- Size U.S. M/13 (9 mm) flexible cable Tunisian crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size U.S. L/11 (8 mm) standard crochet hook for edging
Learn everything you need to know about Tunisian crochet by checking out this handy article - All About Tunisian Crochet: How To + 7 Tunisian Crochet Patterns
Note: Work all rows with RS of work facing.
With A and Tunisian hook, ch 102.
Note: Work into horizontal bumps at back of foundation chain for 1st row.
1st row: Forward pass: (Right to left).
Draw up a loop in 2nd ch from hook.
Draw up a loop in each rem ch to end of chain, leaving all loops on hook. 102 sts on hook. Do not turn.
Click image to enlarge
Return pass: (Left to right after working Forward pass of each row). Yoh and draw through last loop on hook (edge st). *Yoh and draw through 2 loops. Rep from * until 1 loop rem on hook. Do not turn
Click image to enlarge
2nd row: Forward Pass: (Right to left).
*1 Tps in next st. 1 Tss in next st. Rep from * to end of row. Return pass.
3rd row: Forward Pass: (Right to left).
*1 Tss in next st. 1 Tps in next st. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 Tss in each of last 2 sts.
Rep 2nd and 3rd rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 56" [142 cm].
Finishing Row: (Right to Left). *Sl st in next vertical bar. Rep from * to end of row. Fasten off.
With smaller standard crochet hook and RS facing, join B with sl st to top right corner of Blanket.
1st rnd: Ch 1. Work sc evenly around entire edge of Blanket having 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around, having 3 sc in each corner sc. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Click image to enlarge
- Right side
- Single Crochet
- Sl st
- Slip stitch
- Tunisian simple stitch
- Tunisian purl stitch
Learn the Tunisian Stitch
Are you new to Tunisian stitch? Check out this helpful video tutorial to learn the step-by-step basics!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
May 28, 2018
This is a great pattern to learn Tunisian crochet. The instructions are good as well as the illustrations. I have done Tunisian crochet before but you need the hook with the attachment to hold the extra stitches. I have one and it helps. This pattern will work up quickly and it will be nice and warm. Thank you for the pattern.
Sep 03, 2017
I love this Tunisian Honeycomb Blanket! It is beautiful and the tunisian purl stitch is so easy to do. I like that the written pattern is right here on this page and I can print this pattern. I need to buy the large 'L" tunisian hook, I don't own one that big. I'm looking forward to doing this beautiful blanket! Thank you so much for sharing this free crochet pattern.
Aug 24, 2017
All I have to say is GORGEOUS!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New Favorite Afghan
The New Favorite Afghan is crocheted in 20 blocks that are sewn together at the very end. The classic look of crochet squares is taken… Continue reading: "New Favorite Afghan"
- Ridiculously Easy Crochet Afghan
- Little Bit of Everything Afghan
- Cottage Vibes Throw
- Beautiful Beginner Crochet Throw
- Fall Foliage Afghan
- Classic Striped Puff Stitch Crochet Pattern
- Plum Ribbon Afghan
- Pizza Party Crochet Snuggle Sack
- Progressive Pattern Stitch Afghan
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions