8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Thinking Of Spring Crochet Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"Thinking of Spring Crochet Afghan is helping me get through these winter days of cold weather and snow. I just love how the soft sage, off white, and rose yarns look together. Reminds me of new grass, tulips, and melting snow. This blanket has the perfect amount of coverage to keep the chill off without being bulky or heavy. Spring is right around the corner here and the lovely colors and lacy pattern are just perfect to cover me up as I dream of the Robins coming back and the Spring plants peeking through the snow and starting to bloom. Columns of double crochet and skipped stitches create pretty open squares that look like window panes. Add a block stitched border and one last round of the sage yarn to finish off the gorgeous blanket. If you compare the photo above where I just started adding on the border and the photo below where the border is complete…I just think the edging makes this entire afghan pop."
I started this using the no chain double crochet method. If this is new to you, I have a video tutorial to help you out
This blanket starts with 5 rows of rose yarn, 4 rows of soft sage, then 3 rows of off white. The color rows repeat throughout the afghan.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge18 stitches per 4 inches.
Finished Size53 inches wide X 66 inches long. The pattern is worked in multiples of 6 plus 4.
- Off White Caron One Pound Yarn 1 – 1/2 Skeins of Yarn, 1,430 yards.
- Rose Caron One Pound Yarn 1 Skein of Yarn, 812 yards
- Soft Sage Caron One Pound Yarn 1 Skein of Yarn, 812 yards
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beautiful Beginner Crochet Throw
- Starry Nights Throw Pattern
- Double the Fun Reversible Crochet Afghan
- Summer Breeze Beachy Throw Pattern
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
- Foolproof Afghan
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shady Grove Crochet Blanket
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Crochet One to Two Skein Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- Granny Square Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions