8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
Crochet Star Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Hibernate in style this winter when you make the Crochet Star Throw! Featuring a beautiful design with blue and green yarn, this intermediate crochet throw pattern will brighten even the dreariest of days. Say goodbye to toting big, bulky crochet projects everywhere you go. In this design, you'll create a number of motifs and half-motifs that will all be sewn together. This means you can easily bring just a part of the project with you! If you're looking for a challenge, then this delightful crochet pattern is just what you need. You'll love getting toasty and warm under this throw.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeDiamond Motif = 4¼" [11 cm] at widest point x 6¾" [14 cm] at longest point. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizeThrow measures 45" [114 cm] x 72" 183 cm]
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 3 skeins each 381 Light Blue A and 885 Delft Blue B; 2 skeins 520 Minty C
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
You'll be inspired to add some geometric splendor to your home when you take a look at our free eBook Learn to Crochet Geometric Patterns: 11 Hexagon Crochet Motifs free eBook
Throw is made up of 180 Diamond Motifs and 8 Half Motifs sewn together following an Assembly Diagram. Diamond Motifs are worked in the round with right side facing throughout. Half Motifs are worked in rows.
Make 180 Motifs Total: 64 in A; 60 in B; 56 in C.
Ch 4, join with slip st to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 1, [sc, hdc, dc, tr, ch 3, tr, dc, hdc] twice all in ring; slip st in first sc to join.
Round 2: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch2), dc in same sc, *dc in next 3 sts, (3 dc, ch 4, 3 dc) all in ch-3 space, dc in next 3 sts **, (dc, ch 2, dc) all in next sc; repeat from * to **; slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-5
Round 3: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), *(dc, ch 3, dc) all in ch-2 space, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, skip next dc, (3 dc, ch 5, 3 dc) all in ch-4 space, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, skip next dc **, dc in next 2 dc; repeat from * to **; dc in last dc; slip st in top of beginning ch-3. Fasten off
Make 8 in A.
Ch 4, join with a slip st to form a ring. Row 1 (Right Side): Ch 1, (sc, hdc, dc, tr, ch 3, tr, dc, hdc, sc) all in ring; do not join.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in first 4 sts, (3 dc, ch 4, 3 dc) all in ch-3 space, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in last sc.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, skip next dc (3 dc, ch 5, 3 dc) all in ch-4 space, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next 2 dc, dc in top of turning ch-3 of Row 2. Fasten off.
Following Assembly Diagram, beginning at upper right corner, sew motifs together.
Click here to see the larger version of the assembly diagram.
Round 1: With right side facing, join B in any st with a slip st, ch 1, work sc evenly spaced around, increasing sts at outer points and decreasing sts at inner points to keep work flat; slip st in first sc.
Round 2: Ch 3, work dc in each st around, increasing and decreasing at points as before to keep work flat; slip st in top of beginning ch-3. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Click here to see the larger version of the photo below.
A, B, C = Color A, B, C
ch = chain
cm = centimeters
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
mm = millimeters
sc = single crochet
st(s) = stitch(es)
tr = triple or treble crochet
( ) = work directions in parenthesis the number of times specified
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
You will discover even more great winter crochet patterns in our collection of 26 Winter Crochet Patterns
Read NextBorealis Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
The Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan is just as its name suggest - quick to work up with an easy-to-follow pattern. Continue reading: "Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- How Do You Make A Easy Crochet Plaid Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions