8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Delve into a mystical storybook with this Magical Mist Crochet Throw. This twist on the classic ripple pattern is one of the best easy crochet patterns out there. With cool blues and purples, this throw is perfect to have on your favorite chair for spring and summer.
Nothing is more inviting than this plush dreamghan. With this blanket, all of your cuddle sessions will have a fairytale ending. The sweet sage, teal, and purple shades will remind you of mermaids, magic, and magnificence.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn pattern, 9 sc = 4"/10 cm and a 6-row repeat = 31/2"/9 cm
Finished SizeApprox 49" x 58" (124.5 cm x 147.5 cm) including trim
- One Pound (454g/16.oz; 742m/812yds) Contrast A: Soft Sage (0580) - 1; Contrast B: Lavender Blue (0613) - 1; Contrast C: Pale Green (0587) - 1; Contrast D: Lilac (0577) - 1
- Crochet hook: One size US K-10.5 (6.5mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Find more softly-colored afghan patterns inside this downloadable collection of 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets free eBook
Instructions for THROW:
Change color in the last stitch of a row, as follows: Work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loop on hook. Proceed with new color. Fasten off old color.
Pattern is a multiple of 6, plus 2.
With A, ch 110.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch across to last ch, sc in last ch and change to B, turn — 109 sc.
Row 2 (RS): With B, ch 1, sc in first st, * hdc in next st, dc in next st, 3 tr in next st, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st; repeat from * across, turn — 145 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first st, sk next st, sc in next 2 sts, * 3 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc 3 tog, sc in next 2 sts; repeat from * across to last 5 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sk next st, sc in last st and change to C, turn.
Row 4: With C, repeat Row 3.
Row 5: Ch 3 (does not count as a st), sk first st, tr in next st, * dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr3tog; repeat from * across to last 7 sts, dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, tr2tog and change to D, turn — 109 sts (not counting beginning ch - 3).
Row 6: With D, ch 1, sc in each st across (do not work in to top of beginning ch - 3 of previous row), turn.
Row 7: Ch 1, sc in each sc across to last sc, sc in last sc and change to A, turn.
Rows 8 – 91: Repeat Rows 2 – 7 fourteen times, and change color as in following color sequence: * Work 2 rows with A, 2 rows with B, 2 rows with C, and 2 rows with D; repeat from * as needed. Note: Row 91 should be a 2nd row worked with B, and you should change to C at the end of Row 91.
Rows 92 – 96: Repeat Rows 2 – 6, and continue to change color as in color sequence. Note: Row 96 should be a first row worked with A.
Instructions for FINISHING:
Trim: Join B with sl st in any corner.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 1, 3 sc in same sc as join, sc evenly spaced around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in center sc of each 3 - sc corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off B.
Round 3: With RS facing, join A with sl st in center sc of any 3 - sc corner, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in center sc of each 3 - sc corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Fasten off A.
Round 4: With RS facing, join B with sl st in center sc of any 3 - sc corner, ch 3, 4 dc in same sc as join, dc in each dc around, working 5 dc in center sc of each 3 - sc corner; join with sl st in top of beginning ch.
Fasten off B.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends. Block lightly, if desired.
- double crochet
- single crochet
- Single crochet 3 together—[Insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop] 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook
- Treble crochet 3 together - *(Yarn over) twice, insert hook in next stitch and draw up a loop, (yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice; repeat from * 2 more times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
What is the best yarn choice for your next project? Find out by reading Best Yarn for Crochet: Different Types of Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beautiful Beginner Crochet Throw
- Starry Nights Throw Pattern
- Double the Fun Reversible Crochet Afghan
- Summer Breeze Beachy Throw Pattern
- Duchess of Cambridge Crochet Blanket
- Foolproof Afghan
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shady Grove Crochet Blanket
- Amish Multicolor Throw
- Crochet One to Two Skein Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Soothing Stripes Stroller Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
- Simple Inspiring Crochet Blanket
- Crochet Fireside Throw Blanket
- Cozy Man Cave Throw
- Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
- Winter Holiday Season Colors Granny Square Afghan
- Chic Colorful Granny Square Throw
- Granny Square Afghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions