We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Are you all out of fun ideas for your next crochet afghan pattern? This free crochet afghan is just what you need to fulfill your creativity. The Corner to Corner Throw is perfect for a crocheter that has some experience. As an intermediate crochet pattern, this does take some skill and patience but it works up so beautifully that you can't deny that it's worth every minute spent. The color combinations, along with the various stitches and waves in this throw, make it incredibly unique and desirable.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge6 blocks = 4"; 6 rows = 4" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
To change color in dc: Work last dc before color change
until 2 loops are left on hook, drop color in use, with
next color to be used draw through 2 loops on hook and
continue with new color.
Finished Size 67" x 67" (170 x 170 cm) square (including edging)
- RED HEART® "Super Saver®": 4 Skeins 316 Soft White CA, 5 skeins 885 Delft Blue CB, 7 skeins 310 Monet Print CC
- Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Corner to corner crochet offers a great new technique for you to introduce to your skill set. Its name says it all: working from one corner to another, you will crochet in diagonals until you have created the perfect design.Take a look at the ideas in 24 Gorgeous Corner to Corner Crochet Afghans
With CA, ch 6.
Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch; turn – 1 block made.
Row 2: Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch-3 space of previous row changing to CB in last dc; turn – 2 blocks made.
Row 3: With CB, ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] twice; turn – 3 blocks made.
Row 4: Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] 3 times; turn – 4 blocks made.
Continue in in this manner, increasing 1 block on each row until there are 96 blocks across AND working Stripe pattern as follows:
2 more rows CB, 2 rows CA, [7 rows CC, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC, 2 rows CA, 4 rows CB, 2 rows CA] 3 times, 4 rows CC.
Now work in decreasing rows as follows:
Row 97: With CC, slip st across first 3 dc, * (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row; repeat from * to last ch-3 space; slip st in last space; turn, do NOT make a block in last space – 95 blocks.
Repeat Row 97 for decreasing block pattern and work 2 more rows with CC, [2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC, 2 rows, CA, 4 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC] 3 times, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CC –1 block remains. Fasten off.
Edging: With right side facing, attach CA in same ch-3 space as last slip st; ch 3, 4 dc in same space, * sc in center dc of next block, 3 dc in next ch-3 space or over dc; ch 3, slip st in top of last dc –picot made; 2 dc in same space, sc in center dc of next block, 5 dc in next space; repeat from * to corner; (4 dc, picot, 3 dc) all in corner space; repeat from * around, adjusting if necessary at corners and end of rnd; join with a slip st in top of ch-3.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Video Instructions for Visual Learners:
We’re all different in terms of our crochet ability, but you just can’t go wrong with free crochet patterns to test yourself. Get your free copy of How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns free eBook
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Super Cozy Crochet Puff Stitch Blanket
Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
Ridiculously Quick and Easy Crochet Afghan
Quick and Simple Afghan
Burnt Orange Larksfoot Throw
Surf's Up Crochet Throw
Lovely Shell Afghan
Arizona Sunset Crochet Blanket Pattern
Valentine's Day Color Pooling Throw
Comforting One-Color Crochet Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Crochet the Seed Stitch
- Crochet Seed Stitch Tutorial
- 29 Crochet Shell Stitch Patterns
- Furls Crochet Jumbo Crochet Hooks
- 10 Different Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Chic Sheep Yarn
- Crochet Throw-back Granny Chevron
- Adorable Nine Blocks Crochet Baby Blanket
- Nouveau Chic Crochet Granny Throw
- Groovy Flower Power Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions