How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Watermelon Mojito Ripple Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
The Watermelon Mojito Ripple Throw is a fun, super easy ripple with a little twist. The stitching is 5 up, V Stitch, 5 down but in between the ripples are 2 front post double crochets and back post double crochets. This gives it a nice texture in between and it is definitely a nice change of pace from the usual plain ripple crochet afghan.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Throw Measures: 46” x 55”
RED HEART SUPER SAVER:
2 skeins each 0313 Aran, 0668 Honeydew
1 skein each 0718 Shocking Pink, 0706 Perfect Pink
Crochet Hook: 5.0mm (US H-8) or size needed for gauge
6 rows – 4 ¼”
2 dc, ripple – 5”
Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc)
Back Post Double Crochet (bpdc)
V Stitch (V St) – (dc, ch 1, dc) in space or stitch as indicated.
Row 1 (RS): With aran ch 155, dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in each of next 5 chs, *skip next ch, dc in each of next 2 chs, skip next ch, dc in each of next 6 chs, V St in next ch, dc in each of next 6 chs, repeat from * across to last 6 chs, dc in each of next 5 chs, 2 dcs in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in each of next 5 dcs, *skip next dc, bpdc around each of next 2 dcs, skip next dc, dc in each of next 6 dcs, V St in ch 1 space of V St, dc in each of next 6 dcs, repeat from * across ending dc in each of next 5 dcs, 2 dcs in last stitch, fasten off and turn.
Row 3: Join honeydew with a slip stitch in first st, ch 2, dc in same st, dc in each of next 5 dcs, *skip next dc, fpdc around each of next 2 dcs, skip next dc, dc in each of next 6 dcs, V St in ch 1 space of V St, dc in each of next 6 dcs, repeat from * across ending dc in each of next 5 dcs, 2 dcs in last stitch, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2 and fasten off.
Row 5: Join shocking pink with a slip stitch in first st, ch 2, continue with Row 3.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2 and fasten off.
Row 7: Join aran with a slip stitch in first st, ch 2, continue with Row 3.
Continue with pattern for a total of 74 rows as follows:
(2 rows each aran, honeydew, shocking pink, aran, honeydew, perfect pink) 6 times, 2 rows aran
With aran work along right side straight edge starting at bottom, sc in first side dc, [ch 3, sc in next dc] across then fasten off.
Repeat along opposite side edge starting at top side dc then fasten off.
Read NextCrochet Soft Wave Chevron Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 08, 2014
The designer must have had too many mojitos when she wrote this pattern. It describes the throw as "5 up, V Stitch, 5 down" but Row 1 calls for 6 up, V Stitch, 6 down. The repeat * in the first row is also in the wrong place. Row 1 ends with the V Stitch section but Row 2 starts with the bpdc pattern. It makes no sense. Too bad. It looks like a nice throw.
Jul 13, 2014
This pattern has a mistake in it. The repeat * in the first row is in the wrong place .
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Keeping it Classic Crochet Afghan Pattern
If you're looking for a classic crochet afghan pattern you can use year round, then look no further than the Keeping it Classic… Continue reading: "Keeping it Classic Crochet Afghan Pattern"
- Soft Wave Chevron Throw
- Easy as 1-2-3 Ripple Blanket
- Filet Diamond Ripple Afghan
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
- Berry Cobbler Ripple Blanket
- Cabin in the Woods Afghan
- Cascade Rainbow Crochet Afghan
- Elegant Ripples Crochet Throw
- Crazy Ripple Blanket
- Country Fair Chevron Crochet Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions