How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Citrus Zig Zag Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Brighten up your life by making this awesome Citrus Zig Zag Crochet Blanket. This ripple crochet afghan pattern features neon pink, orange, and yellow stripes that are joined together with stark white that only makes them stand out further.
This crochet pattern is finished off with fun pom poms on two of the sides. There's even a tutorial to show you how to make DIY yarn pom poms. For this pattern, you'll use creative stitches like half double crochet and treble. You won't want to miss out on this colorful blanket.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 dc and 6 rows = 4" [10 cm]
Finished SizeApprox 40" x 48" [101.5 cm x 122 cm]
- Caron® Simply Soft® (6 oz/170.1 g; 315 yds/288 m) Contrast A White (39701) 2 balls, Contrast B Neon Orange (39774) 2 balls, Contrast C Neon Yellow (39773) 2 balls, Contrast D Neon Pink (39775) 2 balls
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
BONUS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
Check out this video tutorial to learn how to change colors at the end of a row.
Find all the best summery patterns in this collection of Crochet Blanket Patterns: How to Make 14 Lightweight Summer Afghans
1. Foundation ch: multiple of 19 + 3.
2. To join new color, work to last 2 loops on hook. Draw new color through last 2 loops then proceed in new color.
3. Ch 2 counts as hdc.
Instructions for STRIPE PAT:
Work 2 rows of each color in the following sequence: (A, C, A, B) twice (16 rows), (A, D) twice (8 rows), (A, B, A, C) twice (16 rows), (A, D) twice (8 rows), (A, C, A, B) twice (16 rows), (A, D) twice (8 rows), (A, B, A, C) twice (16 rows), A (2 rows) – these 90 rows form Stripe Pat.
Instructions for BLANKET:
With A, ch 136.
1st row: (WS). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in each of next 7 ch. HdcCL. *1 hdc in each of next 7 ch. 2 hdc in each of next 2 ch. 1 hdc in each of next 7 ch. HdcCL. Rep from * to last 9 ch. 1 hdc in each of last 9 ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 2. Skip first st. Dcbp in each st to end of row. Join B. Turn.
3rd row: With B, ch 5. In first st work (1 tr. Ch 1) twice. (Skip next st. 1 tr in next hdc) 3 times. Skip next hdc. TrCL. (Skip next st. 1 tr in next st) 3 times. *Ch 1. Skip next st. In next st work [(1 tr. Ch 1) twice. 1 tr]. In next st work (1 tr. Ch 1) 3 times. (Skip next st. 1 tr in next st) 3 times. Skip next st. TrCL. (Skip next st. Tr in next st) 3 times. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Ch 1. Skip next st. In top of turning ch work [(1 tr. Ch 1) twice. 1 tr]. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3. 1 dc in first tr. 1 dc in each st and ch-1 sp to end of row, ending with 1 dc in 5th ch and 2 dc in 4th ch of ch 5. Join A. Turn.
5th row: With A, ch 2. Skip first dc. 1 hdc in each of next 8 dc. HdcCL. *1 hdc in each of next 7 dc. 2 hdc in each of next 2 dc. 1 hdc in each of next 7 dc. HdcCL. Rep from * to last 9 dc. 1 hdc in each of last 9 dc. Join C. Turn. First 5 rows of Stripe Pat are complete. Rows 2 to 5 form Pat.
Cont in pat, keeping cont of Stripe Pat, until all 90 rows of Stripe Pat will be complete.
Do not fasten off.
Do not turn.
Left side edges:
1st row: (RS).
With A, ch 2. Work 162 hdc evenly down left side edge of Blanket to bottom corner. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each hdc to end of row. Fasten off.
With RS facing, join A with sl st to bottom right corner. Work as given for left side.
Instructions for POM POM:
Wind A around 3 fingers 80 times. Tie tightly in the middle and leave a long end for attaching to Blanket.
Cut loops at both ends and trim to form pom pom.
Attach 1 pom pom to each point across both edges of Blanket.
If you love color, then you have to see this downloadable collection: Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans free eBook
Read NextCrochet Soft Wave Chevron Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 08, 2017
Great blanket. Caron yarns are the best. Love these colors. I have almost the same exact yarn colors in a cotton yarn. I wonder how this would turn out if I used cotton yarn instead of the regular acrylic. This is a great size for a family room and looks very easy to make.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket
Using fun colors like sunshine, light country peach, orchid and other soft colors will make you feel like you're on a cloud while… Continue reading: "Beginner Daydream Baby Blanket"
- Soft Wave Chevron Throw
- Easy as 1-2-3 Ripple Blanket
- Filet Diamond Ripple Afghan
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
- Berry Cobbler Ripple Blanket
- Cabin in the Woods Afghan
- Cascade Rainbow Crochet Afghan
- Elegant Ripples Crochet Throw
- Crazy Ripple Blanket
- Country Fair Chevron Crochet Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cozy Corners Afghan
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions