We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This easy crochet pattern looks like it could be sold at a country fair! With beautiful blue tones, the Country Fair Chevron Crochet Pattern would be the perfect touch to any home. There's nothing like a classic ripple crochet pattern for an afghan. This particular one has a beautiful texture that is complimented by a great two-toned border. If you're in need of something to add a little extra style to your space, try this simple chevron crochet pattern. It has a country chic flair that everyone will love.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Caron SimplySoft (170g/6.oz;288m/315yds): A: Country Blue (9710) - 4; B: Light Country Blue (9709) - 3; C: Bone (9703) - 3; D: Off White (9702) - 3
- Size H-8 (5mm) hook
Size: Approximately 55”/139.5cm x 63”/160cm
Gauge: In stitch pattern using size H-8 (5mm) hook, 16 sts = 4"/10cm
With larger hook and color A, ch 218.
Row 1: 3 dc in 5th ch from hook, sk 2 ch, 3 dc in next ch, sk 2 ch, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch, [sk 2 ch, 3 dc in next ch] twice, * sk 5 ch, [3 dc in next ch, sk 2 ch] twice, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next ch, [sk 2 ch, 3 dc in next ch] twice * , repeat from * to * 10 more times, sk 2 ch, dc in last ch. Fasten off yarn. Turn.
Row 2: Attach color B, ch 4, [3 dc between dc groups] twice, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) inch-3space, * [3 dc between dc groups] twice, skip next 2 dc groups, [3 dc between dc groups] twice, (3 dc,ch 3, 3 dc) inch-3 space, [3 dc between dc groups] twice; repeat from * to * to end of row, dc in top of ch in previous row. Fasten off yarn. Turn.
Repeat Row 2 for 4 rows in the following color sequence: A, C, D, C.
Repeat Row 2 in following color sequence until there are 13 color repeats (78 rows total): A, B, A, C, D, C.
Repeat Row 2 for 3 more rows in following color sequence. (81 rows total): A, B, A.
Fasten yarn off. Do not turn.
Side 1: Attach color A in last st made, 3 sc in same st, * 2 sc over side of dc, sc in top of dc, 2 sc over 4 ch, sc in top of dc * , 2 sc over dc, sc in dc, repeat from * to * to last dc, 2 sc over last ch, 3 sc in 3rd ch.
Side 2: 2 sc over ch, * [2 sc in ch under 3 dc, 2 sc over ch] twice, 2 sc in ch under (3 dc, 3 ch, 3 dc), [2 sc over ch, 2sc in ch under 3 dc] twice, 3 sc in ch 5 * ; repeat from * to * 10 more times, [2 sc in ch under 3 dc, 2 sc over ch] twice, 2 sc in ch under, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc), 2 sc over ch, 2 sc over ch under 3 dc, 2 sc over ch, 2 sc in ch under 3 dc, 5 sc in ch sp.
Side 3: Sc in dc, 2 sc over dc, * sc in dc, 2 sc over ch 4, sc in dc, 2 sc over dc * , repeat from * to * to next corner, 3 sc over dc.
Side 4: [Sc in each dc to ch-3 sp, 3 sc in ch-sp] 12 times, sc in each dc to last st, sl to first st of row. Fasten yarn off.
Side1: Attach color D in 2nd st of 3 sc of previous row, sc in each sc to next corner, 3 sc in middle st of 3 sc of previous row.
Side 2: * Sc in next 8 sts, [sc dec over next 2 sts] twice, sc in next 8 sts, 3 sc in next st * ; repeat from * to * to next corner, 3 sc in middle st of 3 sc of previous row.
Side 3: Sc in each sc to next corner, 3 sc in middle st of 3 sc of previous row.
Side 4: Sc in next 10 sc, 3 sc in next st, * sc in next 8 sc, [sc dec next 2 sts] twice, sc in next 8 sts, 3 sc in next st * ; repeat from * to * 10 more times, sc next 11 sts, sl st to first st of row.
Repeat Row 2 for 5 more rows using the following color sequence. C, B, B, A, A.
Do not fasten yarn off after last row. With smaller hook and A. work reverse sc in each st around Blanket. Fasten off.
Weave in all ends.
We also love the Peppy Pink Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern. A chevron crochet blanket like this is simply beautiful.
To see other patterns like this, check out How to Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Beginners will love this Crocheted Granny Lapghan. This simple crochet pattern is fun to make and, best of all, looks fantastic. The… Continue reading: "Crocheted Granny Lapghanvideocam"
- English Cottage Fan Blanket
- Radiating Ripple Throw
- Tranquil Waves Ripple Afghan Pattern
- Easy Everyday Crochet Blanket
- Go Green Round Ripple Afghan
- Soft Wave Chevron Throw
- Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern
- White Chocolate Strawberry Double Shell Ripple
- Popcorn Ripple Afghan
- Contemporary Granny Ripple Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Night Before Christmas Graphgan Blanket
- One Skein Crochet North Star Baby Lovey Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Peephole Chevron Lapghan Pattern
- Pine Ridge Baby Blanket
- Baby’s First Christmas Blanket – A Free Crochet Pattern
- Modern Heirloom Blanket
- Origami Blanket
- Harlequin Blanket
- Borealis Blanket
- Little Larksfoot Rainbow Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions