- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Blue Lagoon Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
This beautiful Blue Lagoon Throw is the perfect addition to your home. By using different shades of blue and green, the gorgeous geometric design on each block really stands out. Although it looks incredibly complicated, this free crochet afghan tutorial is actually easy. You can work up this throw in a few days. Curl up with a good book or stretch out in front of the TV with this pretty throw. You'll be comfortable and stylish.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
One Pound (454 g/16. oz;742 m/812 yds)
- Contrast A Midnight Blue (0546) - 1
- Contrast B Soft Sage (0580) - 1
- Contrast C - 1
- Contrast D Deep Violet (0547) - 1
- Contrast E Royalty (0530) - 1
- Contrast F Forest Green (0534) - 1
- One size US I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Size: 45"/114 cm x 60"/152.5 cm
Gauge: One block measures 8"/20.5 cm square.
Work with RS facing throughout.
With A, chain 4; join with slip st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), work 15 dc in ring; join with slip st in top of beginning ch—16 dc. Fasten off.
Round 2: Join B with slip st in any dc, ch 3, dc in same dc, 2 dc in each dc around; join with slip st in top of beginning ch—32 dc. Fasten off.
Round 3: Join C with slip st in any dc, ch 3, 2 dc in same st, skip next dc, *3 dc in next dc, skip next dc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in top of beginning ch—48 dc, consisting of 16 3-dc groups. Fasten off.
Round 4: Join D with sc in any space between 3-dc groups, ch 3, 3 dc in side of sc just made (point made), *skip next 3 dc, sc in next space between 3-dc groups, ch 3, 3 dc in side of sc just made (point made); repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—16 points. Fasten off.
Round 5: Join B with sc in any ch-3 space, 3 dc in next sc, *sc in next ch-3 space, 3 dc in next sc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—16 3-dc groups. Fasten off.
Round 6: Join E with slip st in any sc, ch 4, (3 tr, ch 1, 4 tr) in same sc, *skip next dc, dc in next 2 dc, dc in next sc, hdc in next 3 dc, sc in next sc, hdc in next 3 dc, dc in next sc, dc in next 2 dc, skip next dc, (4 tr, ch 1, 4 tr) in next sc; repeat from * around; join with slip st in top of beginning ch. Fasten off.
Round 7: Join F with sc in any corner ch-1 space, 2 sc in same space, *sc in each st to next corner ch-1 space, 3 sc in corner; repeat from * around; join with slip st in first sc—96 sc. Fasten off.
Finishing: Arrange blocks into a rectangle 5 blocks wide and 7 blocks long. Sew neighboring blocks together with F. Hold blocks with RS together and whip stitch through back loops only.
Round 1 (RS): Join F with slip st in any st, ch 1, sc in each st around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Round 2: Join E with slip st in back loop of any st, ch 1, working in back loops only, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Round 3: With D, repeat Round 2.
Round 4: With C, repeat Round 2.
Round 5: Join E with slip st in any corner st, ch 3, 4 dc in same st, skip next st, dc across to 1 st before next corner st, skip next st, *5 dc in corner st, skip next st, dc across to 1 st before next corner st, skip next st; repeat from * around; join with slip st in top of turning ch. Fasten off.
Round 6 and 7: Repeat Rounds 3 and 4.
Round 8: With E, repeat Round 1.
Round 9: With B, repeat Round 1.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Read NextSunny Skies Crochet Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 12, 2016
This is another blue afghan worth making and collecting. It helps a lot that the pattern is just right in front of the page for easy access to crocheters. Thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crocheted Christening Blanket
There's no better way to welcome a little one into the world than by crocheting a baby blanket. The Crocheted Christening Blanket is… Continue reading: "Crocheted Christening Blanket"
- Sunny Skies Crochet Afghan
- Contemporary Stash-Busting Blocks Throw
- Lazy Waves Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Colorful Rainbow Sampler Blanket
- Grecian Column Afghan
- New Favorite Afghan
- 29 Crochet Shell Stitch Patterns
- Morning Glory Afghan
- 24 Gorgeous Corner to Corner Crochet Afghans
- Cat & Mouse Throw & Pillow
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions