The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Peppermint Stick Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
The Peppermint Stick Afghan is as cool and refreshing as the candy itself. A swirling mix of red and white will remind you of the festive treat and the spirit of the Christmas season. Add a special touch to your home by working up this sweet afghan pattern. Both kids and adults will love cuddling up with this cozy throw while they sit in front of the fire roasting marshmallows or opening presents on Christmas morning. You can't go wrong with this good-enough-to-eat round crochet pattern, so work one up for yourself or a special someone in your life today.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge8 dc x 4 rnds = 4 inches
Finished Size58 inches
- Deborah Norville Collection™ Serenity® Chunky by Premier® Yarns (100% acrylic; 100gm/109 yds)
- #700-20 Cloud Dancer (A) – 8 balls
- #500-06 Berry Burst (B) – 8 balls
- Hook: US Size K/10½ (6.5 mm) hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Notions: Tapestry needle
FPdc (front post double crochet): Yo, insert hook around post (from front to back to front) of specified st and draw up a lp, [yo and pull through 2 lps on hk] twice.
Striping Patt: *3 rnds A, 3 rnds B; rep from * to end.
With B, ch 2, sl st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1 st dc throughout), work 11 dc in ring, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join – 12 dc.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, FPdc around same dc as join, * dc in next dc, FPdc around same dc as last st; rep from * around, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join – 24 sts.
Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in next FPdc, FPdc around same FPdc, *dc in next 2 sts, FPdc around same FPdc as last st; rep from * around, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join – 36 sts.
Join A and begin Striping Patt.
Rnd 4: Ch 3, *dc in each dc to FPdc, dc in FPdc, FPdc around same FPdc; rep from * around, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-3 to join – 12 sts inc’d.
Rep Rnd 4, 29 more times – 396 sts at end of last rnd.
Want to spread even more red and green holiday cheer? Check out 16 Red and Green Christmas Crochet Afghans.
Join A with a sl st in top of any FPdc, *[sk next st, 5 dc in next st, sk next st, sl st in next st] twice, ch 6, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hk and in each of next 4 ch, sl st in same st as last sl st; rep from * around, sl st in first st to join. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
hk = hook
inc(‘d) = increase(d)
lp(s) = loop(s)
patt = pattern
rep = repeat(ing)
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
yo = yarn over
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 22, 2017
This is an afghan that can pass for a Christmas skirt. So lovely. You can probably make some adjustments here and there and you can use this as base of your tree this holiday season. I like the simplicity of this round afghan - just red and white, period. I'm reminded of candy cane. Perfect for your living room sofa. Love it!
Aug 30, 2017
I love this. Not only is it a nice looking afghan, but it could also easily be adapted to be a rug or a tree skirt. I need a new tree skirt, so I will definitely be considering this pattern when I make it. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make it Quick Afghanvideocam
Short on time and need some quick crochet patterns? The Make it Quick Afghan from Bernat is an easy crochet pattern that you will… Continue reading: "Make it Quick Afghanvideocam"
- Gingerbread House Granny Square Crochet Blanket
- Peppermint Stick Afghan
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide free eBook
- Snowflake Lace Throw
- Holiday Ripple Throw Crochet Pattern
- 18 Red Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 14 Crochet Afghans for Mother's Day
- Homey Plaid Crochet Blanket
- How To Crochet Fall Blanket
- St. Nicholas Crochet Throw
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Beanie Hat
- Shining Star Crochet Blanket
- Mishelka Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions