This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Festive Light Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This festive light crochet blanket is supposed to remind folks of stringing the sparkly lights on the Holiday tree. The ribbed border is a bit wider to help visualize the tree; whereas the bobbles are three different colors to resemble the lit decorations. This crochet blanket pattern is an absolute pleasure to stitch up with an interesting mix of stitches. Texture is created subtly throughout the pattern using a mixture of fun and easy crochet stitches: double crochet, herringbone half double crochet, bobble stitch, and single crochet. Inspiration for Crochet Afghan I mentioned to my daughter that she needed to help me pick out some yarn colors for a Holiday blanket. That was four months ago now. She picked out these colors and told me she wanted Christmas Tree Lights in the three different colors going through the blanket. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge4-inch X 4-inch swatch = 15 stitches X 4 rows of Double Crochet.
Finished SizeThe blanket is approximately 53-inches long X 46-inches wide when measuring including the border.
- Dark Sage Caron Simply Soft yarn 8 skeins, or approximately 2,520 yards.
- Royal Blue Caron Simply Soft yarn 1 Skein, or approximately 300 yards.
- Harvest Red Caron Simply Soft yarn 1 Skein, or approximately 300 yards.
- Gold Caron Simply Soft yarn 1 Skein, or approximately 300 yards.
- Size H crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Read NextAlternating Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
You will be absolutely amazed by how fast you can work up this Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanket! Corner to corner patterns… Continue reading: "Quick Corner to Corner Crochet Baby Blanketvideocam"
- Alternating Afghan
- Haunted House Blanket
- Peppermint Stick Afghan
- Polar Bear & Penguin Pals Graphgan
- 14 Crochet Afghans for Mother's Day
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide free eBook
- Gingerbread House Granny Square Crochet Blanket
- Bobble Blanket Decked In Blue
- Holiday Ripple Throw Crochet Pattern
- Snowflake Lace Throw
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- How Do You Make A Easy Crochet Plaid Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions