This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Windmill Granny Square
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"Corner and center chain spaces mimic a windmill in this variation on the double crochet granny square. This is one of several motifs used in the Classic Granny with a Twist Blanket. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces, skipping stitches Skill Level Easy Finished Size Motif: 6.75” (17 cm) square. Materials Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein in 1601 Lettuce, or approximately 50 yd (46 m) in any medium weight yarn. US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle Gauge Motif = 6.75” (17 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
New Favorite Afghan
The New Favorite Afghan is crocheted in 20 blocks that are sewn together at the very end. The classic look of crochet squares is taken… Continue reading: "New Favorite Afghan"
- Mesmerizing Stitches Granny Square Pattern
- Prince Protea Crochet Granny Square
- Neverending Love Square
- Vintage “Crumpets and Tea” Crochet Square
- Windmill Granny Square
- Pretty in Periwinkle Granny Square Pattern
- Ruby Hexagon Granny Square
- Bright Bullseye Granny Square Pattern
- Gothic Rose Granny Square Pattern
- Blooming Violet Square
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions