This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Classic Granny with a Twist Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"Set variations on the traditional granny square on point to create a beautifully striking throw or baby blanket. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting in the round, crocheting in rows, crocheting in the back loop only, increasing, decreasing, crocheting in chain spaces Joining motifs with a slip stitch seam Skill Level Easy Finished Size Baby Blanket/Throw: Approximately 39.5” (100 cm) square. Materials Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 2 skeins in 1101 Eggshell (MC) and 1 skein ea in 1201 Daffodil (CA), 1502 Iced Aqua (CB), 1704 Bubble Gum (CC), and 1601 Lettuce (CD), or approximately 580 yd (530 m) in MC, 220 yd (201 m) in CA, 350 yd (320 m) in CB, 270 yd (247 m) in CC, and 325 yd (297 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn. US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle. Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set, or locking stitch markers. Gauge Square motifs in pattern = 6.75” (17 cm) square. Exact gauge is not critical for this project."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextGranny's Attic
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Many children enjoy having security blankets to keep close to them at all times. This So Soft One Skein Security Blanket is probably… Continue reading: "So Soft One Skein Security Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions