Doris Yocum Turner
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Over the years, I have tried many crafts. I taught myself to crochet using a Coats and Clark "how to" book and crochet has been my favorite method of expressing myself for over 55 years. In more recent years, I have concentrated my crafting time to the Art of Crochet.
I like bright colors, with shocking color combinations and functional items such as hats, scarves, shawls and especially afghans. I crochet rapidly, so large projects do not discourage me. Most of my patterns are adaptations of things I see and like and my patterns are free.
I love stash buster patterns because I have a huge stash. I gift 95% of the items I make and even keep my local animal hospital supplied with cage mats made from yarn scraps that are too small to use elsewhere. Any scrap 10 inches or longer gets tied together for "found yarn" rather than throw it out.
I always thought my patterns were functional and never did think they were exceptional, but they do seem to be well received and I love to share. I take a crochet project bag with me everywhere I go. I have been hauling my yarn stash, crochet books and hooks everywhere I've moved over the years from Pennsylvania to Texas and between. There are those who believe I am Certifiably Crochet Crazy hence the subtitle of my blog "researching insanity as an alternate lifestyle".
Doris' Patterns on AllFreeCrochetAfghan Patterns:
- Stashbuster Granny Square Afghan
- Ocean Mist Round Ripple
- French Country Round Ripple
- Raspberry Sherbet Round Ripple
- Frosted Round Ripple
- Pink Peppermint Afghan
- Basic Round Ripple Afghan - New!
- Go Green Round Ripple Afghan - New!
Read NextDream Puffs Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- Jossalyn's Afghan
- Easy Crochet Table Runner Pattern With Shell Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions