This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"This is my first corner to corner (C2C) blanket design. I've had this Red Heart Super Saver yarn laying around for another project that, like so many, I never got around to designing. I gathered up my yarn and decided to make this simple C2C blanket for my cousin. Yes, her name is Kimmie. Once you learn the row repeat pattern for the colors, you'll be able to sit down and make this simple blanket without having to refer to the pattern. It's that easy."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 Square = 4 DC wide measures ~ 1” x 1”
Finished Size44” x 62”
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% Acrylic) – 3 skeins (approx. 1,092 yards) of Orchid (Color A) and 2 skeins each of (728 yards) each of Frosty Green (Color B), Turqua (Color C) and Aran (Color D) or approx. 3,300 total yards of another category 4 yarn
- 5.0mm crochet hook
- Large eye blunt needle
•Ch – Chain •Sl St – Slip Stitch •SC – Single Crochet •DC – Double Crochet
•Beg. Sq. – Beginning Square. Ch-6. DC in the 4th chain from the hook. DC in the next two chains. Beginning square complete. 4 DC. •Square – Sl St in the Ch-3 of the next Square. Ch-3. 3 DC in the Ch-3 of the prior rows Square.
•When changing colors, do not weave ends in as you go. This will make it harder to weave them in at the end. •When weaving in ends at the end, tie a fisherman’s knot between two ends before weaving them off. This is added security in preventing unweaving in this type of stitch. •Remember to check you gauge.
To help with the color changes, I created a couple table references. These tables are best viewed on the website for this pattern.
Read NextJennifer E Ryan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 25, 2018
I have only made corner to corner shawls because the instructions for many blankets do not explain the decrease correctly. This pattern does and even add the color changes. This should work up nicely and the colors are beautiful. It has plenty of instructions which is something I need. Thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Across the Pond Crochet Pattern
Lounge by the sea with this Across the Pond Crochet Pattern! This throw is inspired by the ever relaxing and ebbing waves of the… Continue reading: "Across the Pond Crochet Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Gia Afghan
- Crochet Tootie Fruity Stroller Blanket
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions