We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This is my first corner to corner (C2C) blanket design. I've had this Red Heart Super Saver yarn laying around for another project that, like so many, I never got around to designing. I gathered up my yarn and decided to make this simple C2C blanket for my cousin. Yes, her name is Kimmie. Once you learn the row repeat pattern for the colors, you'll be able to sit down and make this simple blanket without having to refer to the pattern. It's that easy."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 Square = 4 DC wide measures ~ 1” x 1”
Finished Size44” x 62”
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% Acrylic) – 3 skeins (approx. 1,092 yards) of Orchid (Color A) and 2 skeins each of (728 yards) each of Frosty Green (Color B), Turqua (Color C) and Aran (Color D) or approx. 3,300 total yards of another category 4 yarn
- 5.0mm crochet hook
- Large eye blunt needle
•Ch – Chain •Sl St – Slip Stitch •SC – Single Crochet •DC – Double Crochet
•Beg. Sq. – Beginning Square. Ch-6. DC in the 4th chain from the hook. DC in the next two chains. Beginning square complete. 4 DC. •Square – Sl St in the Ch-3 of the next Square. Ch-3. 3 DC in the Ch-3 of the prior rows Square.
•When changing colors, do not weave ends in as you go. This will make it harder to weave them in at the end. •When weaving in ends at the end, tie a fisherman’s knot between two ends before weaving them off. This is added security in preventing unweaving in this type of stitch. •Remember to check you gauge.
To help with the color changes, I created a couple table references. These tables are best viewed on the website for this pattern.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Did these bright colors catch your eye? You'll love to learn How to Crochet an Afghan in Kaleidoscope Color! This is a granny square… Continue reading: "How to Crochet an Afghan in Kaleidoscope Color"
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions