This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Bavarian Square is somewhat complex but not hard to understand once you get the hang of it. It's like the Catherine Wheel Stitch but with raised edges as a result of working into the posts. Choose the right colors and you will have an incredible afghan. The advantage of the square, you can stop when you feel like it to create the afghan size that is right for you. Enjoy this technique, it's really a lot of fun!"
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeUnlimited - Techique Can Grow as Big As Needed
- Caron Simply Soft Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
Read NextKnit-Look Chunky Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- C2c Skull Crochet Blanket
- Super Easy And Cute Crochet Carrot Applique
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions