This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Classically Simple Crochet Shell Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This classically simple crochet shell blanket is made in a solid tan color yarn. The crochet stitch pattern paired with the yarn color just give this afghan an heirloom quality look and feel. The pattern is a four row repeat, which provides a bit of variety in your crochet project. For me, if you are going to be working on this for a little bit, it is nice to have some different crochet stitches every few rows. This pattern uses the double crochet and single crochet stitches. Therefore, it is easy to master."
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 Stitches per 4 inches
multiples of 5 plus 4
Finished Size52 inches wide X 74 inches long
- Buff Red Heart Super Saver Yarn. I used what I had on hand, 3 jumbo skeins and a regular skein. total yards approximately 2,500.
- Size K Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen… Continue reading: "Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern"
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Simple Catherine Wheel Stitch Tutorial
- Make Waves Bulky Blanket
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
- Crochet Rainbow (any Size) Free Pattern
- Onward and Upward Scrap Afghan
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Vibrantly Vintage Crochet Edging Pattern
- Star Stitch Tutorial
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- The Eleventh Hour Throw Blanket
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Cuddly Soft C2c Baby Blanket
- Puffed V-stitch Section
- Staggered Posts Section
- Alpine Stitch Section
- Double Pebble Stitch Section
- Crochet A Leaf Applique Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Crochet Seamless Spiral Circle With Raised Ridges
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions