8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Christmas Crochet Squares Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
This Christmas Crochet Squares Afghan provides great granny squares practice since it incorporates both large and small crochet squares in the design. The free crochet pattern directions are easy to follow and the finished product will brighten up your home for the holidays. This unique granny square blanket has a patchwork, homemade quality that everyone will love during the holidays. Your family will be fighting over this cozy crochet afghan in no time.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Check out Let it Snow: 17 Snowflake Crochet Blanket Patterns for more free Christmas crochet patterns!
Read NextAustrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 14, 2018
The coloring of this Christmas crochet squares is really lush. It looks really regal and during the holiday this item will certainly make any room that much more festive. I know my friends and family will have a few comments about this one. They have come to expect seeing something new during the holidays and this may be my next Christmas afghan.
Jun 30, 2018
Until I looked at the information on how to assemble this Christmas crochet square afghan I missed one of the most unique features of the afghan. This is a motif design with a lot of different size squares. This will give you a lot of practice with squares and I promise you that the finished result will be spectacular.
Sep 09, 2011
@kellyo 9390183, Once you click on the link, please make sure you are scrolling down on the page after it fully loads to view the pattern below the image. Here is a direct link to the site with the pattern in full: http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Afghans/Christmas-Afghan-Crochet-Pattern --Editor of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Sep 08, 2011
Thank you for the help but when I click on the pattern the link does not work. The first link will take me to the picture of the pattern but when I click on "get pattern" it does nothing. I clicked on "save pattern" and it went to my saved pattern but there were no instructions. Guess I will just give up but do thank you for your help. This happens on most of the patterns I get from this page. I have gotten a couple so don't know what the reason is. Thanks again for your help though. It is a pretty pattern.
Jul 01, 2016
Hi Kellyo. Here's the link to the pattern http//www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Christm == as-Afghans/Christmas-Star-Crochet-Throw
Sep 07, 2011
@kellyo 9390183, Once you click on the like that says "click here for crochet afghan pattern," a new window will open up that takes you to our sister site, FaveCrafts. Here you will find the complete pattern instructions. To print from here, try highlighting the text, then right-click on it. You'll get a window that gives you the option to "copy." Do that, and then paste the text into a word document. You should be able print that document that way. --Editor of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Sep 06, 2011
Why is it I cannot print the pattern out. I can open up the picture but cannot open the instructions? What am I doing wrong? Also does anyone have a sure fire way of changing colors without them coming loose? Thanks.
Aug 16, 2011
This is beautiful,i made this for my grandaughter.For all of you that loves a challenge,this is the one.It is truly rewarding after you are finished,and either keep it for yourself or give to someone very special to you.Beautiful is all i can say.Have fun,enjoy it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket
We all see baby girls as princesses, so give yours the royal treatment with Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket. It's a… Continue reading: "Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket"
- Austrian Sleigh Crochet Afghan
- Snow Bunny Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Christmas Spirit Mile a Minute Afghan
- Winter Star Square
- Tis the Season Throw
- Make a Joyful Noise Afghan
- 17 Snowflake Afghan Patterns
- Snowflake Afghan
- Plaid Christmas Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Color Burst Blanket Square
- How To Crochet The Granny Spike Stitch
- C2C Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions