Sportacular Afghans Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Sportacular Afghans Book Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
Crochet is often stereotyped as something to do for grandmas and older ladies, but what many people don't realize is that the younger generation can crochet, too, and so can men. Although it's not something you see every day, men can sport crochet items just as nicely as women. Unfortunately, it can sometimes be difficult to find just the right pattern for that special guy in your life, but with Sportacular Afghans from Leisure Arts, you can easily find something he'll fall in love with.
Geared towards the sports-lover in your life, this book is full of fabulous crochet afghan patterns that you won't believe are crocheted. You're sure to win big points with these blankets that are perfect for gamers, golfers and bowlers. The designer of Sportacular Afghans, Karen Barnes, isn't a fan of graphic patterns, so she came up with patterns that can be crocheted in an applique form. You might feel intimidated just by looking at the finished photos because there is so much detail in each design, but each pattern is listed as easy, so even the beginner can take a shot at it.
You will not believe all the fine detail in each of these afghans. The Poker Table Afghan displays cards that are face down and face up with a heart, diamond and spade, and even has four different colored chips for each player at the table. Who's going to have a full house? You'll also be amazed at the Pool Table Afghan that shows six pockets, two pool sticks, a rack and pool balls - both striped and solid. If you find that you're up for an even bigger challenge you can crochet a number on the 8 ball. In this book are also a slot machine, a bowling alley, and a golf green.
Get your game on with these beautiful afghans perfect for every man's dream man cave. If he wasn't impressed with the sweater you crocheted him then he'll certainly be stunned that you worked up a sporty afghan.
Read NextCrochet Refresher
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Chance to win a copy of Crochet Refresher!
- Beyond The Square Crochet Motifs Book
- Crocheted Snugglers Easy Blankets for Baby Book
- The Best of Mary Maxim Baby Afghans
- The Big Book of Crochet Stitches Review
- Win the Beginner Crochet Book Set!
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- The Essential Book of Crochet Techniques
- 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet Book
- Filet Afghans
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- How Do You Make A Easy Crochet Plaid Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions