Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This timeless lacy shell crochet blanket is simple but has an elegant touch. Alternating the colored yarn with white really helps make this throw lovely. I must admit, this is a pattern I fell in love with so much that I made two right away. This pattern size is wonderful for a small throw or blanket. However, it would be an heirloom crochet project as a larger afghan. The pattern is a repeat of rows 2-5. It is ideal to end with the stitch pattern on row 3 as this will provide a nice foundation to even out the work on the next row. There are just a few special stitches; the v-stitch, and the shell stitch. The edge consists of the single crochet and double crochet. In total, just a bit shy of five skeins were used for this baby blanket. "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 15 STs per 4 inches.
Multiples of 4 plus 1. This means that the pattern is 33 X 4 = 132 plus 1 = 133 stitches are needed for the beginning row.
Finished Size42 inches wide X 39 inches long.
- White Caron Simply Soft Yarn 3 Skeins. Note, just about half of the last skein was used. Total approximately 800 yards.
- Soft Pink or yellow Caron Simply Soft Yarn 2 Skeins. Approximately 620 yards.
- Size I crochet hook
- yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make an easy baby blanket with pleasing colors when you crochet this Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket. This crochet baby afghan… Continue reading: "Taupe and Green Striped Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Bobble Stripe Baby Blanket
- Festive Light Crochet Blanket
- Beach Day Blanket
- Best Darn Yarn Tenders
- My Mother's Garden Afghan
- Godzilla Blanket
- Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
- Cranberry Pie Granny Square
- Astrology Afghan
- Corn And Poppy Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions