This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Timeless Lacy Shell Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"This timeless lacy shell crochet blanket is simple but has an elegant touch. Alternating the colored yarn with white really helps make this throw lovely. I must admit, this is a pattern I fell in love with so much that I made two right away. This pattern size is wonderful for a small throw or blanket. However, it would be an heirloom crochet project as a larger afghan. The pattern is a repeat of rows 2-5. It is ideal to end with the stitch pattern on row 3 as this will provide a nice foundation to even out the work on the next row. There are just a few special stitches; the v-stitch, and the shell stitch. The edge consists of the single crochet and double crochet. In total, just a bit shy of five skeins were used for this baby blanket. "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 15 STs per 4 inches.
Multiples of 4 plus 1. This means that the pattern is 33 X 4 = 132 plus 1 = 133 stitches are needed for the beginning row.
Finished Size42 inches wide X 39 inches long.
- White Caron Simply Soft Yarn 3 Skeins. Note, just about half of the last skein was used. Total approximately 800 yards.
- Soft Pink or yellow Caron Simply Soft Yarn 2 Skeins. Approximately 620 yards.
- Size I crochet hook
- yarn needle
Read NextHexagon Honeycomb Stroller Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 22, 2020
Another blanket to make for my baby gift stash . I make baby blankets to keep on hand for showers, or a special baby that I know the family of. I love this one and will have to get the recommended yarn as it is so shimmery!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
- Hexagon Honeycomb Stroller Blanket
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
- Warm Earth Tones Easy Baby Blanket
- Tadley's Diagonal Blanket
- Sweet Pastel Waves Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Rectangular Sampler Blanket
- Birthday Cake Baby Blanket
- Crocheted Christening Blanket
- Princess Charlotte's Blanket
- Precious Pearls Lace Baby Blanket
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions