This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Skipping Rocks Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This skipping rocks baby blanket is an attractive granny square pattern with a modern design. The blue reminds me of the water and the dark lines are the ripples in the water when a rock is skipped across. Easy Portable Crochet Project Imagine yourself on a lovely sunny day down by the dock with your feet up and a slight cooling breeze. Your crochet project is in hand and you hear all the sounds of nature. Crocheting granny squares for me is simple, fun, and quick too. Not to mention a granny square project can be taken with me wherever I go. Join smaller squares together as I have done here or keep going and make a large crochet afghan. They are just lovely to work on in my humble opinion. The granny square is one of the most easy and versatile crochet patterns around. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 Double Crochet per 4 inches. However, gauge is not critical in this crochet pattern.
Finished SizeSize is approximately 33 inches wide by 41 inches long.
- Charcoal Grey Red Heart
- Dusty Grey Red Heart
- Delft Blue Red Heart
- Yarn needle
- Size H Crochet Hook
Read NextIrish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen… Continue reading: "Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern"
- Irish Wave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Modern Patchwork Crochet Throw
- 7-hour Crochet Soft Bassinet Blanket
- Confetti C2C Baby Blanket
- Beautiful Reversible Shell Baby Blanket
- Jasie Crochet Baby Blanket
- Cluster Waves Crochet Blanket
- Round and Lacy Baby Blanket
- Tulip Stitch At Twilight Baby Blanket
- Unicorn Crochet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- The Eleventh Hour Throw Blanket
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Cuddly Soft C2c Baby Blanket
- Puffed V-stitch Section
- Staggered Posts Section
- Alpine Stitch Section
- Double Pebble Stitch Section
- Crochet A Leaf Applique Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Crochet Seamless Spiral Circle With Raised Ridges
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions