Crocodile Rock Crochet Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
If you've never tried the crocodile stitch, we suggest you try it while you work up this Crocodile Rock Crochet Baby Blanket. We really can't get over how cute this blanket is, and it has a unique combination of crocodile stitch, shell stitch, and v stitch. The title is inspired by the Elton John song of the same name, so this pattern is even better for that! You can switch up the colors, but we really love the alternating white, pink, and blue for a baby. There's even a video tutorial for the crocodile stitch so you can learn how to crochet it.
NOTE: For instructions on how to crochet the crocodile stitch see the Crocodile Stitch Tutorial video at bottom of page.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 scale stitch rows (6 rows) and 4 rows white 5
2 scale stitches 4
Finished Size36" x 40"
- RED HEART Super Saver: 2 skeins each - 0311 White, 0381 Light Blue, 0373 Petal Pink
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm (US I-9) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Get more blankets like this one in our popular collection of 40+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Row 1 (WS): With blue ch 112, V St in 7th ch from hook , *skip 2 chs, V St in next ch, repeat from * across to last 3 chs, skip 2 chs, dc in last ch. turn. (35 V Sts)
Row 2 (RS): Ch 3, work 4 dc down post of first dc of first V St, ch 1, work 5 dc up post of 2nd dc of the same V St (beginning scale stitch made). *skip next V St, work 5 dc down post of first dc of next V St, ch 1, work 5 dc up post of 2nd dc of the same V St, (scale stitch made), repeat from * to last dc, slip stitch in last dc, turn. (18 scale stitches)
Row 3: Ch 3, V St in first ch 1 space of 1st row, *inserting hook from front to back between next 2 scale stitches and ch 1 space of row directly behind it, work V St, V St in next ch 1 space, repeat from * to last dc, dc in top of last dc of 1st row, turn. (35 V Sts)
Row 4: Slip stitch in each of first 2 dc and next ch 1 space, skip next dc. *scale stitch around next V St, skip next V St, repeat from * to last V St, skip next dc, slip stitch in next ch 1 space and each of last 2 dc, turn. (17 scale stitches)
Row 5: Ch 3, V St in first ch 1 space, *V St in next ch 1 space, inserting hook from front to back between next 2 scale stitches and ch 1 space of row directly behind it, work V St, repeat from * to last ch 1 space. V St in last ch 1 space, dc in last dc, turn. (35 V Sts)
Row 6: Ch 1, scale stitch around first V St, *skip next V St, scale stitch around next V St, repeat from * to last dc, slip stitch in last dc, fasten off and turn. (18 scale stitches)
Row 7: Join white in first stitch, ch 3, *V St in next ch 1 space, inserting hook from front to back between next 2 scales and ch 1 space of row directly behind it, work Shell, repeat from * across, dc in last stitch, turn.
Row 8: Ch 3, *Shell in ch 1 space of V St, V St in ch 1 space of Shell, repeat from * across, dc in last dc, turn.
Row 9: Ch 3, *V St in ch 1 space of Shell, Shell in ch 1 space of V St, repeat from * across, dc in last dc, turn.
Row 10: Repeat Row 8, fasten off and turn.
Row 11: Join pink in first dc, ch 3, V St in each ch 1 space across, turn. (35 V Sts)
Row 12: Repeat Row 2.
Row 13: Repeat Row 3.
Row 14: Repeat Row 4.
Row 15: Repeat Row 5.
Row 16: Repeat Row 6, fasten off and turn.
Row 17: Join white and continue with Row 7.
Row 18: Repeat Row 8
Row 19: Repeat Row 9.
Row 20: Repeat Row 8, fasten off and turn.
Continue pattern as follows: [6 rows (scale stitches) blue, 4 rows white, 6 rows (scale stitches) pink, 4 rows white) 2 more times]; 6 rows (scale stitches) blue, 4 rows white, 6 rows (scale stitches) pink
- (SPECIAL) V Stitch (V St)
- (dc, ch 1, dc) in space or stitch as indicated
- (SPECIAL) Shell
- (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in space or stitch as indicated
Nothing is sweeter than pastel. Find some of the prettiest full free patterns in our
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Lingering over a Lullaby Blanket
- Technicolor Cable Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy One Ball Baby Blanket
- Darling Dot Crochet Afghan
- Continuous Granny Square Afghan Pattern
- One Skein Baby Blanket
- Sock Monkey Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Super Snugly Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bears & Balloon Baby Blanket
- Baby Shower Gift Guide: 32 Super Cute Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How Big is a Baby Blanket (Crochet)?
- Timeless Cabled Crochet Throw
- Crochet Austin Cables Throw
- Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn
- Tipped Blocks Stitch Tutorial
- Crossed Double Crochet Border Tutorial
- Sweet Ruffle Edged Crochet Baby Blanket
- Plenty of Stripes Crochet Afghan
- Caterpillar Crochet Granny Square
- Aubrieta Bloom Crochet Granny Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions