Cozy & Comfy Baby Afghan Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This cozy & comfy baby afghan pattern is so quick to make. Easy Crochet Pattern great for a beginner. Baby blanket is just the right size too. I made a number of these afghans for so many baby boys that were born last year. You might be wondering why I didn’t use a baby blue yarn. I wanted to make something that the family could use for years to come that would look nice draped over the end of a chair or couch. Not that a baby blue is not a beautiful choice, it just seems to be dated once the baby is a toddler and I think people tend to pack them away versus keep using them throughout their house. This same pattern can also be used as a very nice lap afghan for someone to use at work, lounging around the house, or even someone that might be wheel chair bound. Often people just need a bit of a coverup to take the chill off and this afghan pattern can do just the trick."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeTo increase or decrease the size of the blanket, it is worked in multiples of 4 plus 1. That means that this starting chain of 137 is 4 X 34 = 136 + 1 = 137. This will change the width, if you want to change the length, just reduce the number of rows.
- Red Heart Grey Heather Yarn 1 jumbo skein plus part of another skein. Approximately 1,116 yards
Yarns used on the outside edge:
Red Heart Antique Yarn 1 skein. Approximately 244 yards
Red Heart Real Teal Yarn 1 skein, Approximately 244 yards.
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you're looking to create an effortlessly elegant crochet afghan, then look no further than this Stunning Popcorn Ripple Crochet… Continue reading: "Stunning Popcorn Ripple Crochet Afghan"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- French Braid Blanket
- Framed Herringbone 12" Square
- Botanica Blanket
- Striped Baby Blanket
- Summer Breeze Throw
- Crochet Cotton Candy Fluffy Blanket
- Crochet Rustic Country Blanket
- Crochet Guidelines For Standard Bed And Blanket Sizes
- Leaping Stripes And Blocks Squared
- Snowy Field Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions