Cozy & Comfy Baby Afghan Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This cozy & comfy baby afghan pattern is so quick to make. Easy Crochet Pattern great for a beginner. Baby blanket is just the right size too. I made a number of these afghans for so many baby boys that were born last year. You might be wondering why I didn’t use a baby blue yarn. I wanted to make something that the family could use for years to come that would look nice draped over the end of a chair or couch. Not that a baby blue is not a beautiful choice, it just seems to be dated once the baby is a toddler and I think people tend to pack them away versus keep using them throughout their house. This same pattern can also be used as a very nice lap afghan for someone to use at work, lounging around the house, or even someone that might be wheel chair bound. Often people just need a bit of a coverup to take the chill off and this afghan pattern can do just the trick."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeTo increase or decrease the size of the blanket, it is worked in multiples of 4 plus 1. That means that this starting chain of 137 is 4 X 34 = 136 + 1 = 137. This will change the width, if you want to change the length, just reduce the number of rows.
- Red Heart Grey Heather Yarn 1 jumbo skein plus part of another skein. Approximately 1,116 yards
Yarns used on the outside edge:
Red Heart Antique Yarn 1 skein. Approximately 244 yards
Red Heart Real Teal Yarn 1 skein, Approximately 244 yards.
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Fairy Tales Baby Blanket is just what a little girl dreams her blanket should be. Full of bright colors and whimsical stitches,… Continue reading: "Fairy Tales Baby Blanketvideocam"
- Love Taking Naps Baby Afghan
- Woven Dreams Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Elegant Baby Blanket and Booties
- Darling Daisy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Patchwork Medley Crochet Baby Blanket
- Monkey Motif Afghan
- Peaked Rainbow Shells Afghan
- Candy Crush Baby Blanket
- Hearts and Birds Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Animal Alphabet Crochet Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Life Is Sweet Watermelon
- Woodland Animals Baby Blanket
- Diagonal Chevrons 12" Afghan Square
- Diagonal Chevron Lapghan
- Traveling Afghan Crochet Square #15
- Triple Textures Afghan
- Bee Honeycomb
- C2c Opossum
- Cute Teddy Bear
- Braided Cables Square
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions