9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Birthday Cake Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Make a baby happy with the deliciously sweet Birthday Cake Baby Blanket. This crochet baby blanket pattern looks so yummy you'll want to taste it! With Bernat's special yarn, you can get this look too! The little colorful dots on this yarn make this baby granny square blanket look like frosting with sprinkles. Make this blankie for a baby on her or his birthday - it will match the day perfectly. The pretty pastel colors will brighten up any baby room.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Bernat ® Dippity Dots™(2.8 oz/80 g; 162 yds/148 m) Main Color (MC): White (66005) - 1ball, Contrast A: Pink (66420) - 1 ball, Contrast B: Peach (66515) - 2 balls, Contrast C: Teal (66730) - 2 balls, Contrast D: Lavender (66315) - 1 ball
Size: Approx 36" [91.5 cm] square.
Gauge: 15 sc and 16 rows = 4" [10 cm]. Motif = Approx 6" [15 cm] square.
With Color 1, ch 4. Join with sl st to form aring. See Chart I.
1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in ring. (Ch 2. 3 dc in ring) 3 times. Ch 2. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
2nd rnd: Sl st in each of next 2 dc andch-2 sp. Ch 3. (2 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in same spas last sl st. Ch 2. *(3 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * twice more. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
3rd rnd: Sl st in each of next 2 dc and ch-2 sp. Ch 3. (2 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in same sp as last sl st.*Ch 2. 3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2.** (3 dc.Ch 2. 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
4th rnd: Join MC with sl st to any ch-2corner sp. Ch 3. 4 dc in same sp as sl st. Work 1 rnd of dc, having 5 dc in corners,1 dc in each dc and 2 dc in each ch-2 sp around. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.Make 8 Motifs having A as Color 1. Make 8 Motifs having B as Color 1. Make 10 Motifs having C as Color 1. Make 10 Motifs having D as Color 1. Sew Motifs tog using smooth coordinating yarn as shown in Assembly Diagram.
Join B with sl st to any dc.
1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). Work 1 rnd of dc evenly around Blanket, having (2 dc. Ch 1.2 dc) in each corner dc. Join C with sl st to top of ch 3.
2nd rnd: With C, ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each dc around Blanket, having (2 dc. Ch 1.2 dc) in each corner ch-1 sp. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 03, 2018
This Birthday Cake blanket really makes me feel like it's a birthday cake maybe because of the colors used. The light brown resembles a mocha cake and the rest have their own respective flavors represented. Yeah, it's nice I feel like I want to eat it.
Apr 25, 2017
Oh, is this not just the most gorgeous blanket for a little one? The colors make me think of a beautifully iced birthday cake. Fortunately there are currently several new babies in my circle of family and friends so I have no less than 4 excuses to make it, lol. I have not seen the Bernat Dippity Dots yarn here in South Africa but I am going to look for it online right now!
Feb 20, 2017
Has anyone made this baby blanket? It looks really cute quite easy. I'm not familiar with this Dippity Dots yarn from Bernat and am wondering if it is still available and where I can get it. I have access to Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore and WalMart of course. I understand that the yarn must have dots of colors through it to make sprinkle like colors through the squares.
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Crafty Suz! It's a unique yarn (http://www.yarnspirations.com/yarn/dippity-dots.html) and it should be available at your local Hobby Lobby and Walmart store in the yarn section. Good luck! -Krista, Editor
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions