This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Ahavah Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Ahavah Baby Blanket is a beginner friendly Tunisian crochet blanket that comes in one size (fitted for a newborn and a Moses basket or a stroller), however it can be easily adjusted to various size as per instructions in the Notes section. It can be worked up easily in a few evenings when in need of that last-minute baby shower gift. It is made in cotton and acrylic Yarn and Colors yarn blend that offers great stitch definition highlighting the pattern texture and can be washed easily in a washing machine- a great asset for an item for newborns. The yarn is available in several truly unique colour combinations, so each blanket can be one of a kind piece. "
NotesThe Ahavah Baby Blanket is worked flat, RS facing from right to left.
The blanket consists of three distinct sections: Honeycomb pattern (alternation of tss and tps within and between rows), Pinstripe pattern (alternation of tss and tps within rows) and Waffle pattern (alternation of tss and tsls within and between rows). The pattern starts and ends with Honeycomb section.
OPTIONAL: To create colour changes within the pattern texture of the Waffle pattern section (as per project pattern pictures), yarn balls (or using one strand of yarn from outside and one strand of yarn from inside of the same yarn skein) are alternated on each RP.
The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP.
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge:
14.5 sts x 11.5 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over st pattern
Finished SizeThe final blanket measurements (blocked): 70 cm x 71 cm (approx. 28 x 28.5 in)
- Yarn and Colors Delicious (55% Acrylic, 45% Cotton, | Worsted | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 193 m (211 yds)), Forrest Fruit Vanilla (#201) 3 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 6 mm (US size J/10) with cable (at least 40 cm (16 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Read NextLightning Fast Striped Baby Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan is just as its name suggest - quick to work up with an easy-to-follow pattern. Continue reading: "Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan"
- Lightning Fast Striped Baby Afghan
- Baby’s First Christmas Blanket – A Free Crochet Pattern
- Crystal Waves Gingham Blanket
- Trio Blanket
- Easy One Ball Baby Blanket
- 4 Hour Crochet Blanket
- Little Flower Granny V-Stitch Blanket
- Love Taking Naps Baby Afghan
- Quick and Easy Rainbow V-Stitch Babyghan
- Delicate Doily Christening Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- How Do You Make A Easy Crochet Plaid Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions