This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mustard & Co Tunisian Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This project combines popular Tunisian crochet stitches, Tunisian purl and knit stitch, in a slightly unusual combination as they are crocheted diagonally from corner to corner rather than in the most common way in straight rows. Together, they create a striking texture while giving the final project a very warm and cosy feel. The blanket is sized for toddler/small child; however it can be easily adjusted for smaller/bigger sizes by either using lighter/heavier weight yarn or reducing/adding stitch pattern row repeats. "
Below, I list possible alternatives to the yarn used for this project as this is only available from one online seller in the UK. Please note, that it is always necessary to swatch before starting a project to check the gauge to ensure your final project is as you had expected it to be.
Caron Simply Soft (100% Acrylic | Aran | 170.1 g (6 oz) = 288 m (315 yds)), #9782 Gold (MC) 3 skeins, #9762 Burgundy (CC1) 1 skein, #9608 Blue Mint (CC2) 1 skein
Caron Simply Soft Heathers ((100% Acrylic | Aran | 141.7 g (5 oz) = 228 m (249 yds yds)), #9509 Grey Heather (CC3) 1 skein
Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (100% Acrylic | Aran/ 10-Ply | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 184 m (201 yds)), #223 Mustard Yellow (MC) 5 skeins, #215 Red Wine (CC1) 2 skeins, #233 Marine Blue (CC2) 1 skein, #204 Stormy Grey (CC3) 2 skeins
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 13 sts x 13 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) measured diagonally over the stitch pattern
Finished SizeThe final blanket measurements (blocked): 110 cm x 108 cm (approx. 43.25 x 42.5 in) 150 cm (approx. 59 in) diagonally
- Women’s Institute Soft and Smooth Aran (available exclusively from Hobbycraft) (100% Acrylic | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Mustard (MC) 2 skeins (approx. 500 g), Plum (CC1) 1 skein (approx. 155 g), Teal (CC2) 1 skein (approx. 100 g), Light Grey (CC3) 1 skein (approx. 120 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 7 mm with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Crochet hook size 6 mm (J-10) for border
- Tapestry needle
- A piece of cardboard to make tassels
Read NextMountain Trail Tweed Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Arruga Stitch Section
- Back Loop Single Crochet Section
- Simple Shells Section
- Easy To Make Pumpkin Stretch Crochet Blanket
- Sea Glass Hexagon Afghan
- Easy And Simple Crochet Treble Flock Blanket Pattern
- How To Crochet Easy Autumn Fall Leaves
- How To Crochet Fall Blanket
- Quick Crochet Cluster Blanket Pattern
- Building Blocks Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions