How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Gentle Gradient Ripple Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"I was looking for the perfect “comfort crochet” project and I found it! This simple, beginner-friendly (or “mindless” movie watching) ripple pattern creates gentle waves. It uses just one stitch and no complicated decreases. Use six colors to create the gradient effect I have, or make it scrappy. A video tutorial is included at the end to walk you through the pattern and two options for changing colors. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet Crocheting flat in rows Increasing, decreasing by skipping stitches Changing colors Skill Level Easy Finished Size Lap Throw: 34.5” (87.5 cm) wide x 48” (122 cm) long. Materials Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein ea in 312 Black (CA), 365 Coffee (CB), 360 Café Latte (CC), 334 Buff (CD), 313 Aran (CE), and 316 Soft White (CF), or approximately 336 yd (307.5 m) in ea of 6 colors in any medium weight yarn. US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle. Gauge 19 sts x 10 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions