We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Combining blue and green yarn gives this ripple crochet afghan pattern its name. This Land and Sea Throw takes the best of both settings and puts them into a design that's both classic and masculine. The playful chevron style of this afghan keeps this blanket interesting, yet it's easy enough for beginner crocheters to tackle. Like water reaching the shore, this chevron crochet pattern is relaxing. Make one for the special guy in your life so that he can stay warm and cozy even when you aren't nearby.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Caron International's ‘Simply Soft Eco’ (80% Acrylic, 20% NatureSpun™ Polyster): Color 0020 Forest Floor (A), Color 0024 Ocean Mist (B), Color 0002 Natural (C), 15 oz each color
- US size I/9 (5.50mm) crochet hook or size to obtain gauge
- Split ring marker
- Tapestry needle
Size: 41" x 66"
Gauge: Lacy Point Pattern – 14 sts and 5 rows = 4"/10c m
2-dc cluster: (Yo, insert hook in next st, yo, draw yarn through st, yo, draw yarn through 2 loops on hook) twice, yo, draw yarn through 3 loops on hook.
double crochet (dc)
half double crochet (hdc)
Lacy Point Pattern: (multiples of 19 + 4)
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, *(ch1, skip next ch, dc in next ch) 3 times, ch 1, skip next ch, (dc, ch3, dc) in next ch, (ch1, skip next ch, dc in next ch) 3 times, ch 1, skip next ch**, work 2-dc cluster working first half-closed dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, work 2nd half-closed dc in next ch, yo, complete 2-dc cluster; rep from * across, ending last rep at**, work 2-dc cluster working first half-closed dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, work 2nd halfclosed dc in last ch, yo, complete cluster, turn.
Row 2: Ch3, (counts as dc), skip next ch-1 space, dc in next dc, *(dc in next ch-1 space, dc in next dc) 3 times, (2dc, ch3, 2dc) in next ch-3 loop, (dc in next dc, dc in next ch-1 space) 3 times**, work 2-dc cluster working first half-closed dc in next dc, skip next 3 sts, work 2nd half-closed dc in next dc, yo, complete cluster; rep from * across, ending last rep at **, work 2-dc cluster working first half-closed dc in next dc, skip next 2 sts, work 2nd half-closed dc in top of turning ch, yo, complete 2-dc cluster, turn.
Row 3: Ch3 (counts as dc), skip first 2 sts, dc in next dc, *(ch1, skip next dc, dc in next dc) 3 times, ch1, (dc, ch3, dc) in next ch-3 loop, ch1, (dc in next dc, ch1, skip next dc) 3 times**, work a 2-dc cluster working first halfclosed dc in next dc, skip next 3 sts, work 2nd half-closed dc in next dc, yo, complete cluster; rep from * across, ending last rep at**, work 2-dc cluster working first half-closed dc in next dc, skip next 2 sts, work 2nd half-closed dc in top of turning ch, yo, complete cluster, turn.
Repeat rows 2-3 for pattern.
With A, ch 175.
Row 1: Work row 1 of Lacy Point pattern.
Rows 2-3: Work rows 2 and 3 of Lacy Point pattern. Repeat these two rows for pattern throughout the throw in the following color sequence: Work beginning 4 rows with color A, 3 rows of B and 3 rows C. Then repeat 3 rows of each color (A, B, C) throughout until desired length, ending with 4 rows Color A.
Row 1: On WS of one long side, join color A in end row before the starting point of pattern(do not work on any part of the point), ch 1, sl st in next rowend, sc in next row-end, place marker on sc just made, hdc in next rowend, dc evenly across to 1" from end (before beginning of point), hdc in next row-end, sc in next row-end, sl st in next end row. Turn.
Row 2: Ch1, sl st across to hdc, sc in the hdc, hdc in next dc, dc in each remaining dc until 1" from end, hdc in next row-end, sc in next row-end, sl st in next end row. Turn.
Row 3: Rep row 2. End off. Repeat for other long side of afghan.
Weave in ends and block to measurements.
Read NextLazy Day Ripple Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Lazy Day Ripple Pattern
- Stashbuster Ripple Crochet Afghan
- Bubble Gum Pink Double Crochet Ripple Blanket
- Sea Breeze Chevron Afghan
- Nineties Neon Crochet Ripple Pattern
- Water Ripples Crochet Afghan
- Touch of Honey Ripple Crochet Pattern
- Zig Zag Ripple Afghan
- Crochet V Stitch Ripple Afghan
- Lacy V-stitch Ripple Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Crochet Textured Shell Blanket
- Lamb Stitch Stripes Section
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Chocolate Waffle Crochet Blanket
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Quick And Easy Crochet Texture Blanket
- Harbor Mist Incredibly Easy Blanket Pattern
- How Do You Crochet A Half Solid Hexagon Without Gaps And Holes
- Single Crochet Square Motif Pattern
- How To Make A Pointed Crochet Solid Half Hexagon
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions