- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Crochet Doggy Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Who says only humans need some crochet comfort? Your pup will absolutely love this Crochet Doggy Blanket. With cute dog house crochet motifs, this comfy DIY dog bed will be your pet's new favorite nap spot. Now you don't have to worry about your dog scratching up the couch. He can lay on his new throw right next to you. Being a small throw, you won't need to spend a lot of time or yarn on this crochet dog blanket.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 2 skeins each 334 Buff A and 400 Grey Heather B, 1 skein each 512 Turqua C, 3941 Chili D and 365 Coffee E
- Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
Size: Throw measures 31½” (80cm) square.
Gauge: GAUGE: Square = 6” (15cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
SQUARES (Make 12 in A and 13 in half B/half A)
Note:For A squares, begin with A and use throughout.
Row 1 (half B/half A square): With B, ch 3, 3 dc in 3rd ch from hook (one shell made) ch3, turn.
Row 2: 3 dc in 3rd ch from hook, slip st inch-3 space of first shell, ch 3, 3 dc in samech-3 space, ch 3, turn—2 shells.
Row 3: 3 dc in 3rd ch from hook, *slip st inch-3 space of next shell, ch 3, 3 dc in same ch-3 space; repeat from * across, ch 3,turn—3 shells.
Rows 4-7: Repeat Row 3. At end of Row 7, donot ch 3, turn, slip st in each st across shell, slip st into ch-3 space of shell, fasten off B—7shells.
Row 8: With A, slip st in ch-3 space of same shell, ch 3, 3 dc in same ch-3 space, *slip stin ch-3 of next shell, ch 3, 3 dc in same ch-3 space; repeat from * across to last shell, end with slip st in last ch-3 space, turn, slip st in each st across shell.
Rows 9-13: Repeat Row 8 until 1 shell remains, fasten off.
Row 1: WithC, ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1, turn—9 sc.
Rows 2-6: Sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn.
Rows 7-9: Sc first 2 sc together, sc in each sc across, sc last 2 sc together, ch 1, turn—3 sc.
Row 10: Sc 3 sc together, fasten off—1 sc.
With D, ch 20, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each of next 8 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in each of last 9 ch, fasten off.
Row 1: With E, ch 3, sc in 2nd ch from hook, 5 sc in last ch, working down opposite side of foundation ch, sc in next ch, ch 1, turn—7 sc.
Row 2: Sc in each of next 3 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in each of last 3 sc, fasten off—9 sc.
With yarn needle using running stitch, sew doorway to lower edge of doghouse at center. Sew doghouse to center of solid color square, making sure to leave enough room at top of doghouse for roof. Sew roof to top of doghouse. With D, embroider heart at center of doghouse above doorway as shown. Assemble squares rows 5 across and 5 down using sc to join rows on wrong side of throw as follows:
Rows 1, 3, 5: Half A/B square with B triangle to lower left, solid square, half A/B square with B triangle to upper right, solid square, half A/B square with B triangle to lower left.
Rows 2, 4: Solid square, half A/B square with B triangle to lower right, solid square, half A/B square with B triangle to upper left, solid square. See assembly diagram.
Round 1: With D, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner, join with slip st to first sc, fasten off.
Round 2: With B, join with slip st to center sc of any corner 3-sc group, ch 3, dc in same sc, *ch 2, skip next 2 sc, slip st in next sc, ch2, skip next 2 sc, 2 dc in next sc; repeat from* around, adjusting stitches as necessary, fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 20, 2018
So beautiful. Perfect for dog lovers. Will make a good present on a boy or girl's christening or baby shower. Or even without any occasion this will make a wonderful gift.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket
We all see baby girls as princesses, so give yours the royal treatment with Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket. It's a… Continue reading: "Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Color Burst Blanket Square
- How To Crochet The Granny Spike Stitch
- C2C Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions