10 Crochet Applique Patterns
Check out these free crochet applique patterns to hook some happy into your next crochet project!
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Crochet applique? Yes, you appli-can! Want to spice up that bland pillow on your couch that's been staring back at you with a bored look on its face? Feel like a mindless project you can hook while watching TV, but you still want that afghan to "wow"? Well, you've come to the right place! A crochet applique provides that added aspect of awesome to any crochet project that's looking for a little pizzazz.
These free crochet afghan patterns use crochet appliques to insert detailed elements of visual interest without need of advanced crochet skills, to liven up otherwise ordinary designs, and to embellish projects requiring that perfect finishing touch. From a strategically placed anchor on a baby blanket to a meadow of flowers on a throw to multicolor Christmas lights on a crochet snuggle sack, the appliques in these projects are sure to inspire you to add a crochet applique (or 40!) to your next afghan, pillow, baby blanket, or all of the above!
Table of Contents
The Magic of a Crochet Applique
- Holiday Applique Granny Squares
Get in the holiday spirit with Holiday Applique Granny Squares. This free granny square pattern includes directions for the crochet Christmas tree and crochet snowman appliques. Mix and match these applique patterns to make a festive Christmas afghan!
- Seeing Stars Crochet Pattern
You'll be so impressed with this Seeing Stars Crochet Pattern that you'll have to start working it up right away. These sweet stars make perfect crochet appliques to add a twinkle to every project. Change up the colors to suit any occasion or keep it patriotic!
- Animal Alphabet Crochet Afghan
The Animal Alphabet Crochet Afghan is not only the cutest baby crochet afghan you'll ever come across, it's rife with the cutest crochet appliques ever! Each letter and animal applique comes with a complete set of instructions for your convenience.
- Easy Anchors Away Crochet Pattern
You don't always need to go over-the-top to create a one-of-a-kind blanket, as the Easy Anchors Away Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern shows you. Creating a simple base, all you'll need to do is add an anchor applique and you're done. Easy, quick, and totally adorable.
- Cutie Owl Crochet Baby Blanket
Whoo's ready for the cutest round crochet pattern out there? This Cutie Owl Crochet Baby Blanket will blow you away. An amazing owl crochet applique is accompanied by adorable flowers and branches to make the best picture crochet baby blanket pattern ever.
- Teen Throw
The bright colors of this Teen Throw make it an ideal afghan to crochet for your favorite teenager, though really who wouldn't love to snuggle this cheery throw! It will definitely add a pop of color to any room, and the applique hearts and whirls give it some fun dimension.
- Shamrock Motif
Crochet yourself some luck with this Shamrock Motif applique pattern. You can stitch it onto an underwhelming afghan or pillow or hook a bunch to make a super lucky granny square afghan. It's a versatile crochet applique whether for St. Patrick's Day or just an average Tuesday!
- Japanese Flower Motif
Want to learn how to crochet a flower? Check out this beautiful Japanese Flower Motif. Using only a little bit of yarn, this crochet flower pattern is the perfect stash-buster. You can either use these crochet flowers as appliques or as pretty coasters or for any other crochet projects!
- Crochet Sea Pennies
Using the magic circle crochet technique, you can easily create Crochet Sea Pennies for all your crochet applique needs! This beginner-friendly tutorial gives you a step-by-step instructions to complete these lovely little appliques that will add some bling to any dull project.
- Christmas Tree Crochet Tail Blanket
This Christmas Tree Crochet Tail Blanket is the perfect crochet blanket pattern for your kids to snuggle on Christmas morning. The pattern uses crochet applique multicolor lights and a bright yellow star to make this tree just as festive as the one in your living room.
- Crochet Applique: How to Add Appliques to Crochet Projects
BONUS! It’s exciting when you finish your first crochet applique. With just a little bit of yarn, you were able to make something adorable for your crochet project. But now you may be wondering, “How on earth do I attach this to the project I’m working on?” With a video crochet tutorial and step-by-step written tutorial to walk you through the attaching process, Crochet Applique: How to Add Appliques to Crochet Projects will help you learn an important skill that you can use on any project in the future.
What project are you bedazzling with a crochet applique?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Super Cute Shark Afghan
- Crochet Stitches & Crochet Stitch Patterns
- 6 Tunisian Blanket Patterns free eBook
- 12 Rainbow Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Fall Owl Graphgan
- Crochet for the Home: Doilies, Dishcloths, and Afghans
- Baby Yoda Blanket
- 17 White Blanket Patterns
- 19 Tropical Afghan Patterns
- Paw Print Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rosa Fresca Blanket
- Pretty Crochet Mesh And Berry Baby Blanket
- Spring Rhapsody Blanket
- Flower Meadow Blanket
- Classically Simple Crochet Shell Blanket
- It's All Greek To Me C2c Blanket
- French Braid Blanket
- Framed Herringbone 12" Square
- Botanica Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions