- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Green Meadows Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Journey to greener pastures with this crochet blanket pattern. The Green Meadows throw will rejuvenate whatever room it's in! If you're in need of some easy crochet patterns, then you're in luck. It only takes a few simple steps and stitches to complete this lovely crochet blanket pattern. Stripes of radiant spring greens create the perfect lacy design. You can almost smell the freshly cut grass with this throw in the room.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Bernat ® Satin (100g/3.5 oz; 149m/163 yds) - Contrast A: 04222 Fern 4 balls, Contrast B: 04221 Soft Fern 3 balls, Contrast C: 04007 Silk 1 ball, Contrast D: 04615 Banana 1 ball
- Crochet hook: Size 5.5 mm (U.S. I or 9) crochet hook or size needed to obtaain gauge
Size: Approx 48x511/2 ins [122x131 cm]
Gauge: 14 sts and 7 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Find more lacy patterns like this one in our collection of 21 Light and Lacy Crochet Afghan Patterns!
Abbreviations: Approx = Approximately, Beg = Beginning, Ch(s) = Chain(s), Cont = Continue (ity), Dc = Double crochet, Pat = Pattern, Rem = Remaining, Rep = Repeat, RS = Right side, Sc = Single crochet, Sp(s) = Space(s), St(s) = Stitch(es).
1st to 8 throws: With A.
9th and 10 throws: With C.
11th to 18 throws: With B.
19 th and 20 throws: With D.
These 20 rows form Stripe Pat.
Note: When changing colors, work to last 2 loops on hook. Draw new color through 2 loops, then proceed.
With A, ch 170. Mark every 50th ch for easier counting.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. 3 dc in next ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. * Miss next 4 ch. [1 dc. (Ch 1. 1 dc) 4 times] all in next ch - shell made. Miss next 4 ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. 3 dc in next ch. 1 dc in each of next 3 ch. Rep from * to end of ch. Turn. 10 shells.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. * Miss next 2 dc. 1 sc in next ch - 1 sp. (Ch 3. 1 sc in next ch - 1 sp) 3 times. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. Rep from * to last dc and turning ch. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.
3rd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. * Miss next: dc, sc, ch - 3 sp and sc. Shell in next ch - 3 sp. Miss next: sc, ch - 3 sp, sc and dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. Rep from * to last dc and turning ch. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked. Rep 2nd and 3rd rows for pat. First 3 rows of Stripe Pat are completed. Cont in Stripe Pat until work from beg measures approx 51 ins [129.5 cm], ending with 7 throw of Stripe Pat.
Next row: With A, ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. * Miss next 2 dc. 1 sc in next ch - 1 sp. (1 sc in next dc. 1 sc in next ch - 1 sp) 3 times. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. 3 dc in next dc. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. Rep from * to last dc and turning ch. Fasten off.
Read NextCozy Lavender Lace Throw
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Mar 05, 2019
I cannot find the Bernat Satin in the colors shown. Where can I buy Bernat Satin yarns?
Nov 26, 2018
There is a part in Row 1 I do not understand dc(ch1,dc)4 times all in same chain. I don't understand the purpose of the brackets and parens, do I dc,ch1,dc 4x or is there another way to read this?
Daughter of Light
Nov 27, 2017
This is such a lovely piece! I can see it has some unique possibilities such as making it into an afghan instead of a throw. You could also choose to do an ombre color effect with your favorite color of yarn. The lacy pattern is delicate and yet solid enough that it looks like it wouldn't catch on everything!
pinckneyL48 986073 8
Aug 08, 2016
I love this pattern, but I am a little confused. A couple of questions By "miss" do you mean "skip"? For this instruction, is it all in different stitches or all in the same stitch? (Ch 3. 1 sc in next ch - 1 sp) 3 times. And "Rep 2nd and 3rd rows for pat. First 3 rows of Stripe Pat are completed. " do you mean that we keep repeating rows 2/3, and just change the colors after the 8th, 10th, 18th, and 20th? Is "Next row" a row that is done only at the end of the afghan? Thanks so much. This is the most complex pattern I've tried to date and it's so pretty, I want to get it right!
Nov 16, 2014
What multiple of chains is needed to make this into an afghan instead of a throw? Thanks!
Jul 26, 2014
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bohemian Lace Afghan
Embrace the lace and try the Bohemian Lace Afghan. Written in 3 different sizes, this lacy crochet pattern is versatile and great for… Continue reading: "Bohemian Lace Afghan"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Corner To Corner C2c Mini Bean Stitch Square & Rectangle
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Free Pattern: One Skein Crochet Blanket
- Striped Suzette Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Modern Throw
- How To: Make A Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions