This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Patchwork Zoodiacs Crochet Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"This Zoodiacs Afghan is made from 18-in square corner to corner crochet squares, each depicting an animal from the Chinese Zodiac. The blanket ends up around 5ft by 7ft! Pattern info includes the 12 animal graphs, and how to join the squares together, as well as a quick corner to corner crochet tutorial and videos."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Yarn, for all squares + border
- LT = Loops and Threads Impeccables Solids (268 yds/245 m)
- LBVC = Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Solids (170 yds/156 m)
- RHSS = Red Heart Super Saver (364 yds/ 333 m): Red – LTI Cherry, 2 skeins; Orange – LBVC Terracotta, 2 skeins; Yellow – LBVC Mustard, 2 skeins; Light Green – LTI Grass, 2 skeins; Dark Green – LBVC Fern, 2 skeins; Light Blue – LBVC Silver Blue, 2 skeins; Turquoise Blue – LTI Aqua, 2 skeins; Purple – LBVC Eggplant, 1 skein; Light Pink – LBVC Pink, 1 skein; Dark Pink – LBVC Antique Rose, 1 skein; Light Gray – LBVC Linen, 3 skeins; Dark Gray – RHSS Gray Heather, 1 skein; Brown – RHSS Cafe Latte, 1 skein; Black – LBVC Black, 1 skein; Light Cream – LBVC Fisherman, 4 skeins; Dark Cream – LT Heather, 1 skein; White – LT White, 1 skein
- I-9 (5.5 mm) hook – I love my Clover USA Amour hooks*!
- Modular Bobbin Holder
- Embroidery needle
Read NextCobblestone Granny Square Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 25, 2017
Wow oh wow this Patchwork Zoodiacs Crochet Afghan is beautiful. I have not yet conquered the corner to corner thing. I never get a even square for some reason? With all the hard stitches I can do, this one leaves me making a mess. After reading this written pattern and watching the video, I'm going to give it a try again. Fingers crossed that I can make a nice square with a animal in it, I just need to do it step by step and hope and a prayer. I think any mother to be would love this blanket! I thank you for sharing this free crochet pattern with video how to..
Aug 16, 2016
This is just too cute. I love all the animals. And there is a great way to adorn the nursery wall by hanging it as a wall hanging. If you don't want to do that, how about after its done, if you make a couple of the animals separately and frame them to put on the wall? I have done that and it was greatly received.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions