- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Fireside Chat Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Sidle up to the fireplace with this extremely cozy granny square blanket. The Fireside Chat Afghan is just like your favorite thick sweater, but better. Complete with chunky spinning wheel motifs, this granny square pattern is perfect for the chillier months. Plus, its lovely cream color will compliment any room in your house! A book and a mug of hot chocolate are the only things that could make this blanket even better. You'll be dreaming of your fireside snuggle with this amazing granny square afghan.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 14, 2018
It is still amazing to me that you can take some yarn or thread and using a hook after a few directions wind up with something as beautiful as this. This is beautiful. I like the neutral color but I would appreciate this in a pale shade like pink or yellow to make it more girly. Thanks for the free pattern.
Jun 30, 2018
Beautiful. Crocheting this fireside chat in a neutral color was genius. You are able to really view all of the details. However, placing any blanket in my home in that shade would be a disaster. Good thing I know a very special person only a few months away from retiring. I know this will be the ultimate retirement gift.
Mar 04, 2018
This is very pretty in its simplicity. If you want to give it as a bridal gift, house warming or Christmas gift this would be perfect. Not knowing the receivers color choice or style this would fit in with any decor. I am going to save this one for sure for future reference.
Lorainemeiring 731 4950
Sep 27, 2016
Can anybody please explain to me what is a pc? (Round 5)
AFC Editor Julia
Sep 28, 2016
Hi Loraine, A "pc" is a popcorn stitch. Thanks! Julia, editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
Jul 06, 2016
This is like a brocade. It's so beautiful. And the choice of color is so elegant. Here's the link to the pattern http//priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Free%2 == 0Afghans/Matalsse%20Afghan.pdf.
Sep 28, 2015
I am unable to download the pattern. Any suggestions?? "Fireside Afghan"
Sep 28, 2015
Hiya from Scotland, Lavonne! I couldn't get the pdf to download or print properly either - so I opened a word.doc and did the old copy-paste job. I also right-clicked on the photo here to save to my desktop so I could remember why I wanted to go to the trouble of copy-paste to get this pattern) Hope this helps! Cheers, Sunnie
May 27, 2015
Wow- you removed my photos and didn't let me comment. I didn't know there could be anything wrong with photos of an afghan but apparently I am wrong. I guess I will unsubscribe. You don't seem to like having me as a member for some reason.
Editor AllFreeCroc het
Jul 01, 2015
Hi SuzyQ660, we're sorry that your photos were removed. We did not do this purposefully. Something may have went wrong with uploading them. Please try again, we do value your subscription. Happy crocheting!
Mar 26, 2015
Love it! Perfect for the multicolored yarn I fell in love with. This one is modifed a bit. The ivory one I am making is as pictured.
Jul 28, 2014
I love the pattern and want to make it but don't know the "Flat Braid" method of joining. How can you contact me to tell me how? Mari E.
Mar 26, 2015
I don't know it either. I just put the squares together facing each other and slip stitch them together.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Square Upon Square Throw
This stunning throw from Red Heart Yarns is perfect for using on a chilly afternoon or evening. Crochet granny squares with Red Heart… Continue reading: "Square Upon Square Throw"
- Double Irish Chain Granny Square Blanket
- Mod 9-Patch Blanket
- "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner" Blanket
- Watercolor Granny Square Blanket
- Simple Loop Granny Square Crochet Border
- Mateo's Granny Square Blanket
- All For One Giant Granny Square Afghan
- Rose Granny Square Pattern
- Seamless Granny Square Afghan
- Over the Rainbow Granny Square Blanket
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions