This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Gentle Stripes And Textures
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This easy crochet blanket pattern combines a simple stitch with self- striping yarn to make the colorwork easy. Available in 6 sizes from micro preemie blanket through child blanket. This pattern was designed for Sunflower Cottage Crochet’s Preemie Crochet Challenge. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows (for center Block and for joining Blocks) and crocheting the round (for outer Block and Border) Crocheting in the back loop (includes link to video tutorial) Changing colors, covering yarn tails with crocheting, joining with single crochet seam, crocheting square Blocks (includes video tutorials) Skill Level Easy Finished Sizes Micro Preemie Blanket (Small Preemie Blanket, Preemie/Car Seat Blanket, Stroller Blanket, Baby Blanket, Child Blanket). Photographed sample is Micro Preemie Blanket. Micro Preemie Blanket: 15” (38 cm) x 15” (38 cm). Small Preemie Blanket: 20” (51 cm) x 20” (51 cm). Preemie/Car Seat Blanket: 25” (63.5 cm) x 30” (76 cm). Stroller Blanket: 30” (76 cm) x 35” (89 cm). Baby Blanket: 35” (89 cm) x 40” (101.5 cm). Child Blanket: 45” (114.5 cm) x 50” (127 cm). Materials King Cole Baby Stripe DK yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/320 yd/290 m) in 3605 Baby Pink (CA) – 1 (2, 3, 4, 6, 9) skein(s), or approximately 279 yd (496 yd, 930 yd, 1,280 yd, 1,736 yd, 2,790 yd)/255 m (453.5 m, 850.5 m, 1,170.5 m, 1,587.5 m, 2,551 m) in CA in any self-striping, light weight yarn. King Cole Baby Safe DK yarn (100% everfresh acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/284 yd/260 m) in 5301 Pale Pink (CB) – 1 (1, 2, 2, 3, 4) skein(s), or approximately 126 yd (224 yd, 420 yd, 588 yd, 784 yd, 1,260 yd)/115 m (205 m, 384 m, 537.5 m, 717 m, 1,152 m) in CB in any light weight yarn. Nelsonwood US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. Yarn needle."
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 block = 5" square
Finished Size Micro Preemie Blanket (Small Preemie Blanket, Preemie/Car Seat Blanket, Stroller Blanket, Baby Blanket, Child Blanket)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Two Row Repeat Quick And Simple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Zig-zag Blanket
- Easy Texture Blanket Crochet Pattern
- A Quick & Easy Modern Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Neutral Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Free Crochet Pattern: Easy To Make Blanket
- Quick One Color Blanket Pattern
- How To Make A Baby Crochet Blanket Pattern
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions