This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Royal Icing Blanket Crochet Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"This pattern uses the beautiful star stitch in three colors throughout the blanket. To make this crochet pattern easier, the yarn is carried up the side. For those that do not enjoy the job or weaving in the yarn ends, carrying the yarn up the side is the ticket. The fancy crochet border is achieved with five rounds of crochet stitches. The fourth round creates the rounded shell on the edges and corners, which is perfect if you want to stop after the fourth round. However, if you like the look of a pointed shell, then continue and add the fifth round. The point is made using the picot stitch. "
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 single crochet for every 4 - inches
Finished Size43 – inches wide X 54 – inches long
- Orchid Caron Simply Soft. 2 skeins are used for the blanket. Approximately 630 yards.
- Blackberry Caron Simply Soft. 2 skeins are used for the blanket. Approximately 630 yards.
- White Caron Simply Soft. 4 skeins, 2 skeins are used for the blanket, 1.25 skeins are used for the border. Approximately 1,200 yards.
- Crochet Hook Size j
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When the Christmas bells start ringing, you'll want to have a cozy crochet afghan to keep you warm. The Old Fashioned Evergreen… Continue reading: "Old Fashioned Evergreen Crochet Blanket Pattern"
- Unique Bavarian Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Simple Catherine Wheel Stitch Tutorial
- Make Waves Bulky Blanket
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Knit-Look Chunky Afghan
- Crochet Rainbow (any Size) Free Pattern
- Onward and Upward Scrap Afghan
- Happy Lark Scrap Blanket
- Vibrantly Vintage Crochet Edging Pattern
- Star Stitch Tutorial
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Blanket Pattern With V Stitch
- The Eleventh Hour Throw Blanket
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- Cuddly Soft C2c Baby Blanket
- Puffed V-stitch Section
- Staggered Posts Section
- Alpine Stitch Section
- Double Pebble Stitch Section
- Crochet A Leaf Applique Quick And Easy Crochet Pattern
- How To Crochet Seamless Spiral Circle With Raised Ridges
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions