This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
Little Waves Section
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The Little Waves Section combines stitches at different heights in an alternating pattern to mimic the gentle movement of little waves. This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 dc = 6″ (15 cm) across.
Finished Size7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
I am using the following colors for my version:
Color A/28437 Marina,
Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
Color C/28454 Tranquil,
Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
Color E/28422 Cornflower,
Color F/28419 Clarity, and
Color G/28451 Sky.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Crazy Cool Yo-Yo Crochet Afghan is a classic pattern with a modern twist. With the circular motif based off the popular yo-yo… Continue reading: "Crazy Cool Yo-Yo Crochet Afghan"
- Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
- Sophina Throw
- Family Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Lilly Blanket
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Diamond Wave Pattern | Crafting Happiness
- Charmingly Simple Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Learn Tapestry Crochet
- Double Crunch Stitch Section
- Onward and Upward Scrap Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick And Easy Crochet Snowflake Ornament
- Soft Textured Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern With Variegated Yarn
- Leaning Puff Blanket Square
- Hopeful Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Simple Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Soft Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Simple Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Fast Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy Waves Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions