How to Crochet the Side Saddle Stitch Video Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The side saddle crochet stitch has a lovely, repetitive look that is both airy and substantial at the same time. The drape makes it perfect for afghans. I’ve been teaching myself new interesting crochet stitches lately and this is one that is definitely worth taking the time to figure out. The side saddle crochet stitch is simply a combination of single crochets, double crochets and chains, yet it looks so original. It has a beautiful, geometric pattern when viewed straight on, but the texture appears from the side angle is perhaps the most special part of this stitch. Check out this video tutorial to learn how to do it step-by-step!"
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeThe gauge will depend on the yarn and hook selected.
- any yarn and corresponding hook will work!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Be prepared to be totally taken back, because this crochet baby blanket is absolutely stunning. Introducing the Darling Daisy Crochet… Continue reading: "Darling Daisy Crochet Baby Blanket"
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions