This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Is there any way to get a written pattern?"
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Grit Stitch Variation Section
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"The Grit Stitch Variation Section is a simple variation on the grit stitch using a combination of skipped stitches and stitches in different heights. This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022. Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial)"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 dc = 6″ (15 cm) across
Finished Size7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
I am using the following colors for my version:
Color A/28437 Marina,
Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
Color C/28454 Tranquil,
Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
Color E/28422 Cornflower,
Color F/28419 Clarity, and
Color G/28451 Sky.
- Majestic US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
New Favorite Afghan
The New Favorite Afghan is crocheted in 20 blocks that are sewn together at the very end. The classic look of crochet squares is taken… Continue reading: "New Favorite Afghan"
- Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
- Larksfoot Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Bargello Crochet Stitch Pattern
- Loopy Loops Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Bright Beginnings Crochet Blanket
- Solid Shell Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Triple Textures Afghan
- Lucky Star Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Interweaving Cables Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Spider Web Crochet Stitch Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Four Colour Baby Blanket
- Jennifer E Ryan
- Ombre Bubble Baby Blanket
- Colorida Hammock Blanket
- Sunrise Stripes Baby Blanket
- Staggered Shells Baby Blanket Shawl
- Melissa Throw
- Super Easy Crochet Bow Tie
- Crochet Summer Baby Blanket
- Crochet A Blanket With Spiked Sedge Stitch
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions