How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
8 Simple Crochet Stitch Tutorials
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
8 Simple Crochet Stitch Tutorials
If you're learning how to crochet, this is a great place to start. This collection of 8 Simple Crochet Stitch Tutorials will teach you the basics of crochet. There are so many different crochet stitches to learn. There are basic crochet stitches and more advanced stitches, as well. Many crochet stitches build on one another, so it's helpful to learn the easy ones first and master those before moving on to the more advanced stitches in crochet.
These simple crochet stitch tutorials are also great to share with your friends that are learning to crochet, as well. Or perhaps you are teaching someone how to crochet. If so, you might be interested in some great free crochet afghan patterns, as well. Don't miss our free eBook, How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns. You'll find the best easy-to-read beginner crochet patterns, and stitch tutorials with step-by-step instructions and detailed photos. Follow any one of the beginner crochet afghan patterns in this eBook and make yourself a blanket, or give one to a friend.
Chain Stitch and Single Crochet: This is the most basic, beginner crochet stitch. You'll need to learn this simple crochet stitch before learning the more advanced stitches in crochet.
Double Crochet Stitch: Again, this is another fundamental stitch in crochet. Learn how to do this simple stitch today with this easy photo tutorial.
Basketweave Stitch: Follow this great tutorial to learn how to crochet this dense stitch. Also known as the waffle stitch, it has an interesting texture that is similar to a woven basket. In order to make the basketweave stitch, you will need to know the chain stitch and the double crochet stitch.
Cable Stitch: This is a classic crochet stitch that creates a pretty, cabled effect. Learn how to crochet this crochet stitch in only eight steps. This is an easy crochet tutorial for you to follow and only four stitches are needed to do the cable stitch.
Checkerboard Stitch: This stitch is quite possibly the coolest looking stitch in crochet. It works great for crochet afghans and baby blankets. Learn how to crochet the checkerboard stitch with this step-by-step guide.
Half Double Crochet Stitch: The half double crochet is a bit of a combination of the single crochet and double crochet stitch. It is similar to the single crochet stitch in that is produces a pretty tight fabric.
Popcorn Stitch: No, popcorn is not just for the movie theaters! This is another neat looking stitch in crochet that looks more difficult than it really is. All you do is make a cluster of double crochet stitches in the same stitch. Learn how to crochet this fun stitch with this step-by-step tutorial.
- Tunisian Stitch: Unless you have a traditional Tunisian crochet hook, which is a very long handled crochet hook, the Tunisian crochet is really only practical for making smaller items, such as wallets, headbands, belts, and other small items which don’t require more than a dozen stitches across the row.
If you enjoyed these 8 Simple Crochet Stitch Tutorials, then you'll love getting even more easy afghan patterns and crochet stitch tutorials in our free eBook, How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Wake up the smart way - wrapped in a Blueberry Mornings Basketweave Crochet Afghan Pillow. This crochet basketweave pattern is as… Continue reading: "Blueberry Mornings Basketweave Crochet Afghan & Pillow"
Dutch Rose Blanket
Moss Crochet Stitch Tutorial
13 Basic Crochet Stitches & Patterns free eBook
28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
Star Stitch Tutorial
How to Crochet a Rose Border
Catherine Wheel Crochet Stitch Tutorial
Easy Crochet Wave Stitch Tutorial
Granny Square Border Tutorial
Bargello Crochet Stitch Pattern
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart With Love Yarn
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn
- Right Round Square
- "Two Hearts that beat as One" C2C Square
- Grey Wolf C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- Aurora Skies Ribbed Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bahama Waves Baby Blanket
- Arboretum Square
- "Tigris, the Siberian Tiger" - C2C Square - Wildlife Graphghan
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions