Beginner's Guide to Crochet Motifs
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
When you're just learning to crochet you often start with single crochet stitches and double crochet stitches being worked in rows. After you've got the basics down you quickly want to learn something new because let's face it, crochet is addicting and we want to go far, fast. The next best thing for those just starting out are granny squares. In Beginner's Guide to Crochet Motifs you will learn everything you need to know to make the perfect crochet afghan.
Within this 48-page book by Melissa Leapman you will learn the technique of crocheting and joining motifs; this book is perfect for beginners. The beginning of the book talks about how to get started with motifs. Many people believe the simple granny square is the perfect motif to start with, so this book starts with a granny square afghan.
When making motifs you'll begin your granny square with a chain ring, joining the first stitch when working in rounds, joining a new color of yarn and whipstitching granny squares together through the back loop. The book shows you step-by-step figures on how to do each making it easy to follow.
Aside from the afghans listed in the book there is also a shawl, a scarf and a cowl, so you can make any beautiful crochet pattern you wish. The Amish Hexagon Afghan on page 13 is stunning; the deep purple color combined with the magenta and rose truly is a perfect match. I also enjoy the Autumn Mums Shawl on page 27. The floral motif combined with the contrasting colors really makes this shawl a must-have.
If you're just learning how to crochet or you're tired of working simple rows, then get your hands on a copy of Beginner's Guide to Crochet Motifs; you'll love every crochet pattern in it.
Read NextBlankets for Every Baby
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Blankets for Every Baby
- 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects
- Crochet at Home
- Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With A Vintage Vibe
- Quilt-Inspired Throws
- Crochet Gift List from Crochet Today!
- Shaped Afghans
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- Our Best Baby Afghans
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Floss Blanket
- Crochet Diagonal Raised Stitch Blanket
- Modern Mitered Crochet Baby Blanket
- C2c Large Daisy Crochet Blanket
- C2c Sunshine Crochet Blanket
- C2c Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Seamless Solid Crochet Circle To Granny Square Pattern
- C2c Little Penguin Crochet Blanket
- C2c Skull Crochet Blanket
- Super Easy And Cute Crochet Carrot Applique
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions