99 Granny Squares
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
When you think about granny squares, what comes to mind? For me, granny squares represent early crochet projects and beginners struggling to stitch their first chains. However, in Leisure Art's 99 Granny Squares, granny squares are given a makeover and transformed into colorful projects that aren't just for beginners anymore. In squares, rectangles, triangles, and hexagons, you will soon have a room full of granny squares and endless ideas for combinations.
I love the idea of using granny squares for a cowl. Cowls are the perfect way to add a pop of color or pattern to an outfit, and in this 64 page book you will definitely find a pattern to look pretty around your neck. Whether you choose to do the same square over and over or switch it up, this is the perfect way to work up easy gifts for fall or winter birthdays that look complex and gorgeous without making you crazy while you crochet.
With a whopping 99 patterns to choose from, it can be overwhelming when you first open the book. However, when you flip through, the photos of the granny squares are on the edges of the pages; this makes it easy to scan the book without spending five minutes on each page deciding if you like the pattern or not. My favorite pattern is on page 36, and is #55. A lacy granny square like that would make beautiful edging for an afghan or baby blanket.
Read Next101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
We all see baby girls as princesses, so give yours the royal treatment with Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket. It's a… Continue reading: "Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket"
- Win a Free Copy of 101 Quick and Easy Crochet Stitches!
- Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Crochet
- Chance to win a copy of One-Skein Baby Projects!
- Beyond The Square Crochet Motifs Book
- Throws Worked in the Round
- The Best of Mary Maxim Baby Afghans
- 50 Ripple Stitches Book
- The Essential Book of Crochet Techniques
- Filet Afghans
- Win the Beginner Crochet Book Set!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Easy Crochet Cluster Bunch Blanket
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- Double Crochet Solid Triangle Pattern In The Rounds
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps
- Crochet Ridged Rainbow Ripple Blanket
- Single Crochet Solid Hexagon
- Little Waves Section
- Parallels Section
- Beehive Stitch Section
- Peek-a-boo Section
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions