Sheina Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
This beginner crochet baby blanket is perfect for baby girls and boys. This Sheina Baby Blanket is an adorable striped afghan is soft and warm. The fringe around the border is a playful detail that strikes just the right note for a nursery or child's bedroom. The green, blue, and yellow color scheme is gender neutral yet delicate, so boys and girls will be happy with this easy crochet baby blanket. Best of all, even after your little one outgrows this afghan, it will be a treasured keepsake.
Crochet Hook: G/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Naturally Caron.com Spa (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Bamboo;): 7 oz (A), 9 oz (B), 7 oz (C).
- Shown in: #0006 Berry Frappe (A), #0004 Green Sheen (B); #0003 Soft Sunshine (C).
- US H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- US G-6 (4 mm) crochet hook (for border only)
- Yarn needle
Note: NaturallyCaron Spa patterns can be made with Simply Soft Lite
Size: Approximately 38"/96.5 cm wide x 47"/119.5 cm long, excluding fringe
In pattern stitch, using H-8 (5 mm) hook, 33 sts and 7 rows = 8"/10 cm.
Chain (ch), half double crochet (hdc), single crochet (sc), slip stitch (slip st), treble crochet (tr)
1. To change color: work last st of old color to last yarn over, yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Carry colors not in use loosely up side of blanket. Take care to conceal the carried strands when working the border.
2. When picking up a new color, take care not to pull the carried yarn too tight or too loose along the edge.
3. Add new balls of yarn at the beginning of a row, to avoid the need to weave in ends in the body of the blanket.
Work foundation ch and Row 1 with A, *work next 2 rows with B, next 2 rows with C, next 2 rows with A; repeat from * as needed.
With larger hook and A, chain 158.
Row 1 (RS): Hdc in third ch from hook, *ch 4, sk next 4 ch, hdc in next ch; repeat from * across changing to next color in color sequence in last hdc, turn—32 hdc, and 31 ch-4 sp.
Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in first hdc, *working behind next ch-4 sp, tr in next unworked foundation ch; working in front of same ch- 4 sp, tr in next unworked foundation ch; working behind same ch-4 sp, tr in next unworked foundation ch; working in front of same ch-4 sp, tr in next unworked foundation ch, hdc in next hdc; repeat from * across, turn.
Row 3: With B, ch 2, hdc in first hdc, *ch 4, sk next 4 tr, hdc in next hdc; repeat from * across changing to next color in color sequence in last hdc, turn. Repeat Rows 2 and 3, changing color every other row, until there are 20 stripes of each color; change to A in last st of last row.
With A, repeat Row 2, do not turn and do not fasten off.
Note: To keep sts along sides of blanket snug, use smaller hook when working along side edges. Continue to use larger hook when working stitches along lower and top edge of blanket.
Round 1: Ch 1, working in ends of rows along side of blanket, work 2 sc in end of each row to corner, ch 1; working along opposite side of foundation ch, sc in each ch across to corner, ch 1; working in ends of rows along opposite side of blanket, work 2 sc in end of each row to corner, ch 1; working in sts of last row of blanket, sc in each st across, ch 1; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off A.
Round 2: Join C with slip st in first sc, ch 1, sc in each sc around, working (sc, ch 1, sc) in each corner ch-1 sp; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off C.
With smaller hook, join B with slip st in first sc, *ch 7, turn, slip st in second ch from hook and in next 5 ch, skip next sc of border, sc in next sc; repeat from * around (counting corner ch-1 sp as a stitch); join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Rainbow Shells Crochet Afghan
- Vintage Chic Crochet Baby Blanket
- So Soft One Skein Security Blanket
- Cotton Chenille Crochet Baby Blanket
- 30+ Quick and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Oceanic Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Day at the Beach Blanket
- Peppy Pink Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Princess Charlotte's Christening Crochet Blanket
- Princess Crocodile Stitch Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Sea Spray Granny Baby Blanket
- Quiet Country Garden Throw
- Silk Cloud Yarn
- Fruit Stripe Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Beach House Granny Square Afghan
- Patriotic Partyghan
- Must-Make Crochet Temperature Afghan
- Cheerful Addison Granny Square
- Sunburst Round Baby Afghan
- Moss Crochet Stitch Tutorial