This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Moss Stitch Baby Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"Learn how to crochet a moss stitch baby blanket with this free pattern and video tutorial. Design your own pattern once you learn how to master the crochet moss stitch. This stitch consists of a single crochet and chain stitch. This pattern is perfect for a beginner at crochet. While I am calling this the moss stitch today, this stitch is often referred to as the linen stitch or the granite stitch. This pattern works up nicely. The blanket feels soft and has a woven texture. I just love the look and feel of this stitch. Today, I am showing you the pattern for a baby blanket. I think the it could also be used as a lap afghan to keep the legs warm and not drag on the floor."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeApproximately 14 SC to 4 inches. To make the blanket wider or narrower, increase or decrease by 2 stitches. This afghan uses even stitches. To make this longer or shorter, simply increase or decrease the number of rows.
Finished SizeApproximately 26 inches X 26 inches
- Orchid yarn Caron Simply Soft 1 skein, approximately 315 yards
- Iris yarn Caron Simply Soft 1 skein, approximately 315 yards
- White yarn Caron Simply Soft 1 skein, approximately 315 yards
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
Read NextFloral Border Crib Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make a granny square pattern that is truly fit for royalty. With a big crochet flower, The Royal Parlor Granny is elegant and pretty.… Continue reading: "The Royal Parlor Grannyvideocam"
- Floral Border Crib Blanket
- Simply Sweet Baby Blanket
- Lingering over a Lullaby Blanket
- Fast And Easy Speckled Chunky Yarn Blanket
- Fields and Furrows Crochet Afghan
- Tulip Stitch At Twilight Baby Blanket
- Pretty In Pink Elephant Lovey
- Pretty Crochet Mesh And Berry Baby Blanket
- Happy Little Tree Blanket
- Quick C2C Baby Blanket
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easiest Crochet Chunky Blanket Quick Christmas Gift Idea
- Family Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Easy Crochet Christmas Blanket
- Easy To Make One Row Repeat Crochet Blanket
- Candy Kisses Blanket
- Cluster Stripes Variation Section
- How To Make A Crochet Slab Blanket
- Abimal Blanket
- Crochet Cat Applique With Starting Chains
- Corner To Corner Triple Crochet Baby Blanket
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions