- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Love & Kisses Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Spice up your night with this red hot Love & Kisses Throw. Valentine's Day patterns can be hard to find, but this bright red beauty is here to stay. Practice your half double crochet and crochet cluster stitch with this free crochet pattern. With these cool basic crochet stitches, you'll never get bored making it. Start this project so that this Valentine's Day you can cuddle in style!
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Cl(s): Cluster(s) - Yo, draw up loop in same ch or chspace as last st made, skip next ch or st, pick up loop in next ch or ch-space, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook.
Hdc2tog: [yo and draw up a loop in the next st] 2 times, yo and draw through all 5 loops on the hook.
Picot: Ch 3, slip st in first ch made
Beginning ch-2 does not count as a st.
When working edging, mark first st of the round.
Work 1 row with A. 1 row with B and 1 row with C.
Carry unused colors along side edges. To change color, work yo, draw through final four loops with new color.
With A, ch 140.
Row 1 (Right Side): Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, *yo, draw up loop in same ch as last st made, skip next ch, pick up loop in next ch, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook (cl made), ch 1; repeat from * until 2 chs remain, yo, draw up loop in same ch as last st made, skip next ch, pick up loop in next ch, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook, turn – 1 hdc; 69 ch-1 spaces; 69 cls.
Row 2: Change to B. Ch 2, hdc in first ch-1 space, ch 1, *yo, draw up loop in same ch-space as last st, skip next st, pick up loop in next ch-space, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1; repeat from * until 1 st remains, yo, draw up loop in same ch-space as last st, draw up loop in hdc, yo, draw through all 4 loops, turn. Change to C.
Rows 3-103: Repeat Row 2, working in Color Sequence and changing color every row working while carrying unused colors along side edges, end with Row A.
Fasten off all colors.
Round 1: With right side facing, join A with sc in hdc at upper right hand corner, 2 sc in same place as join, sc in each of next 5 ch-1 spaces or cls, skip next st) 23 times, 3 sc in final cl on top edge, working in edges of rows, [sc in edge of second row, 2 sc in edge of next row] 50 times, sc in edge of next row, working in opposite side of foundation ch, 3 sc in first st, (sc in each of next 5 ch-1 spaces or sts, skip next st) 23 times,3 sc in final st for bottom edge, working in edges of rows, [sc in edge of second row, 2 sc in edge of next row] 50 times, sc in edge of next row – 115 sts along top and bottom edges, 151 along each side edge and 3 sc in each corner.
Round 2: Sc in first sc of Round 1, 3 sc in next st, sc in each of next 117 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in each of next 153 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in each of next 117 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in each of next 152 sts, join with slip in first sc.– 552 sts.
Round 3: Slip st in next st, *[sc, ch 4, sc] in next st for corner, [ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st] 59 times, ch 1, skip next st, [sc, ch 4, sc] in next st, [ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st] 77 times, ch 1, skip next st; repeat from * around, slip st in first sc. Fasten off A.
Round 4: With right side facing, join B with slip st in a corner ch-4 space, ch 2, yo, pick up a loop in ch-4 space, pick up loop in next ch-1 space, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1, *yo, pick up loop in same ch-space as last st, pick up loop in next ch-space, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1; repeat from * to next corner ch-4 space, [hdc2tog, ch 1] twice in ch-4 space, repeat from *around. end [hdc2tog, ch 1] twice in first ch-4 space, join with slip st to beginning cl. Fasten off B.
Round 5: With right side facing, join C with sc in any ch-1 space, picot, sc in same space, *[sc, picot, sc] in next ch-1 space; repeat from * around, join with slip st in first sc.
Weave in ends.
Read NextHeart-Shaped Baby Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jan 26, 2012
To the poster below me. The same pattern can be found on Red Heart's website; you can find this pattern here http://www.redheart.com/search/apachesolr_search/love%20and%20kisses%20afghan
Jan 26, 2012
I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PATTERN AND AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT I AM UNABLE TO DO SO.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
- Heart-Shaped Baby Blanket
- Blushing Cables Crochet Throw
- Conversation Hearts Afghan
- Be My Valentine Crochet: 34 Crochet Afghan Patterns to Love
- Cupid's Pink Hexagon
- X's and O's Baby Afghan
- Love My Valentine Crochet Throw
- Love Letters Crochet Quilt
- Happy Hearts Crochet Afghan
- Many Yarns Crochet Heart Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions