This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Shining Star Crochet Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
"Crochet blankets are the most relaxing and enjoyable projects to make. They are the most versatile projects to whip up. Crocheted Blankets are often the first choice among many Crocheters because of their versatility. There are many stitch combinations and variations you can use to crochet a pretty blanket. Today am sharing the pattern for Shining Star Crochet Blanket. This pattern is made with a combination of Star Stitches and Double Crochets. The Star stitch is a very pretty stitch which looks like tiny stars put together in row. The stitch look complicated but its a very easy and simple stitch to work on. It looks amazing when combined with other stitches. The Star stitch worked on its own too looks very pretty. Materials Used:- 8 Ply Cotton Yarn 4 mm Crochet Hook Size:- 36 inches- Customizable to any size"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Smoothie Squares Crochet Blanket
- Wintertide Sampler Throw Pattern
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Golden Years Crochet Blanket
- Simple Forgiving Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Make it Quick Afghan
- Twilight Shells Throw
- Gold Coast Lapghan
- Minion-Inspired Crochet Baby Cocoon
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions