8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
No Beginning Chain Big Shell Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
"The first row of an afghan with homespun or bouclé or other knobby style yarn can be frustrating. This afghan does not require finding chain stitches, even for the first row. The big shell pattern makes this afghan quick to crochet while looking like it took a lot longer. This pattern was designed to be easy for homespun or bouclé style yarns, but it can be made with just about any yarn. Make it in a solid color or with as many color changes as you like."
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Finished Size33.25", 43", 52.75", 62.5", or 72.25" wide
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Basket Weave Crochet Stitch Tutorial
- Athleisure Striped Throw
- 25 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns: Ripple Stitch
- Semi-Precious Tosh Yarn Subscription
- How to Crochet the Bavarian Square
- Crochet Blanket Patterns: How to Make 14 Lightweight Summer Afghans
- 12 Point Round Ripple
- How to Crochet Star Stitch Tutorial
- Blueberry Waffleghan
- 15 Ravishing Ripple Afghan Patterns